Author Topic: WOW!!! Dow falls below 8000!!!!  (Read 1671 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
WOW!!! Dow falls below 8000!!!!
« on: November 19, 2008, 06:54:57 PM »

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
Re: WOW!!! Dow falls below 8000!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 06:57:10 PM »
 :o This is not good news.

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 07:20:27 PM »
Uh-Oh!
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 08:17:17 PM »
What would be bad is if it sprang right back up after Obama's inaugaration.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 08:21:33 PM »
What would be bad is if it sprang right back up after Obama's inaugaration.

Investors arent that dumb.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 11:13:20 PM »
it will 4800 before it starts going back up again..that's my prediction...this will take place in January-February under news that retail sales were at an all time low and that the jobless rate was extremely high with no banks giving loans to anyone.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 11:14:32 PM »
Since the election this market just nosed dove uncontrolably.  So much for CHANGE!
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 11:45:05 PM »
it will 4800 before it starts going back up again..that's my prediction...this will take place in January-February under news that retail sales were at an all time low and that the jobless rate was extremely high with no banks giving loans to anyone.

My prediction (Guess) is itll be at its low in about a year.  Thats just a guess.   Im thinking 6500...  but who knows!!!

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 11:49:07 AM »
Maybe it's time to start another war? (I'm thinking Iran, who know's). Maybe a war will bring the economy back up.
 + the fear of soaring oil prices is gone now. Bomb Iranian nuklear facilities now.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 11:59:39 AM »
Maybe it's time to start another war? (I'm thinking Iran, who know's). Maybe a war will bring the economy back up.
 + the fear of soaring oil prices is gone now. Bomb Iranian nuklear facilities now.

I dont think we need a full scale war... just bomb Tehran into and its millitary facillities into the dark ages.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2008, 12:07:09 AM »
The economy will be hit hard when America withdraws from Iraq.  All those Blackwater jobs, military cuts and Lockhead Martin among other jobs will make the unemployment rate evn higher.  We may not recover for a decade. 

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2008, 12:32:59 AM »
This is an horrendous situation we are in.  But wasn't this bound to happen?  How much could the price of a house keep going up?  You see little nothing houses going for $225,000.  It was becoming ridiculous, wasn't it?  And how stupid were the mortgage lenders who would give idiotic loans to people who they knew were unable to afford it?  And how smart was our government not to penalize companies from taking their factories outside the U.S.?  And how much longer could General Motors, Ford and Chrysler keep making cars that no one wanted or could afford?  This market collapse just had to happen sooner or later, and it was all foreseeable. 

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2008, 01:00:46 AM »
Here is a graph of the stock market someone sent to me today......

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2008, 01:09:45 AM »
Here is a graph of the stock market someone sent to me today......

This is not a graph of the stock market ~Hanna~, this is a comparison of this bear market against the last 3... There have been many periods of Bull markets in the last 60 years.

PS: It does indicate that we have lost 52% of the value of the bull market... This appears to be more than the last 2 bear markets, but not as great as the 89% lost in the great depression.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2008, 01:16:52 AM »
Ok, I got confused.... :laugh: This is probobly why I don't have any stocks in the stock market.... :::D

Below is what was said in the email with this chart, I should have posted it too....

It made me believe it was talking about the stock market....

For those who still don't believe we are entering a real Depression,
take a look at the below chart. The current crash is now second
only to the Great Depression - and it is still far from over:

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2008, 01:22:32 AM »
The economy will be hit hard when America withdraws from Iraq.  All those Blackwater jobs, military cuts and Lockhead Martin among other jobs will make the unemployment rate evn higher.  We may not recover for a decade. 

You are actually very right. It could effect the economy far more than you might think.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2008, 01:30:09 AM »
The big picture here is NOT the stock market (Although its a nice indicator to look at)... its the Real Estate market..... which is still no where NEAR hitting bottom... and we have already hit HUGE financial turmoil.   So You need to keep your eye on 3 things:

1) Real estate
2) The banks
3) THe Obama administration's 2nd New Deal. 

The 3 of these are the PERFECT storm.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2008, 02:03:31 AM »

You are actually very right. It could effect the economy far more than you might think.

No one has talked about this but soon after America withdrew from the first Gulf War, the US went into a depression. 
Also, the stock market is not making sense to economists like Greenspan because we have a growing third world society within a first world nation. 
The fundamentals that economists have followed for 100 years will not hold up as time goes on becasue you are not dealing with a traditional American work force, work ethic, people who pay their bills and are honest. 

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2008, 02:04:09 AM »
change we can believe in.  :'(
aka Someone Else

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2008, 02:11:59 AM »
Americans used to believe that having financial debt was a sign of moral failure. 

Now, we have been driven off a financial cliff by bling bling culture. Good luck climbing back up to where we were with Snoop Doggy Dog holding one leg and Puff Daddy holding the other.