Author Topic: Are you for or against the death penalty?  (Read 1987 times)

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
Re: Are you for or against the death penalty?
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2008, 11:04:14 PM »
2nd time rapists and pedophiles must be given death penalty.

Restraining evil is showing real love to our fellow citizens.
I disagree with you. The first time an animal commits such a bestial, abominable act should warrant execution.

I did not mean 1st time rapists should be spared.  Giving death penalty for 1st time rapists definitely helps to reduce rapes.  It was like telling doctors who perform partial birth abortion must be put to death.  It does not mean "regular" abortions are okay!  It is an injustice to the victims if the judicial system spares these criminals.
Also death sentence should be awarded according to the degree of danger posed by the culprit. For example even someone had attempted to blow up a building but did not succeed must be executed when it is proved.

Another reason liberals oppose death penalty is, it becomes an anti-black issue.  Most of the disgusting black criminals will face death and it would be interpreted as racist.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 11:09:16 PM by Christian Zionist »
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline Cato

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2008, 07:16:09 AM »

But let's say this criminal who is totally evil made a few people suffer really badly?  Ending his life would be an easy way out..no suffering no pain for the rest of his life. ANd let's say he doesn't fear death?  PUtting him in a dungeon to be revisited each year to be beaten..wouldn't that be a viable punishment?  Some say that Gd should do the killing and not us in the name of justice.  What do you think of that thought?
[/quote]

South Africa used to use the principle of total complicity - i.e. that if a gand raided a house, and one of them killed the occupant, then the whole lot would hang. The trouble with hanging in the terrorist context is that it is indeed to quick, and who wants to keep the virgins waiting anyway? In the 19th century, garotting was a widely used alternative.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2008, 07:25:30 AM »
For sure, killers, rapists and those that endanger children in anyway, and I will add another one.. Drug pushers.  You put the death penalty on these wonderful enigmas in our society. No more high paid jail cells that they complain that it is not like Club Med.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Cato

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2008, 07:44:24 AM »
This sort of summarises the alternative to capital punishment..
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/42399/A-life-of-luxury-in-our-jails/