Author Topic: Time to fight for a Pollard pardon.  (Read 1901 times)

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Time to fight for a Pollard pardon.
« on: November 24, 2008, 07:04:11 PM »
WASHINGTON – President George W. Bush has granted pardons to 14 individuals and commuted the prison sentences of two others convicted of misdeeds ranging from drug offenses to tax evasion, from wildlife violations to bank embezzlement, The Associated Press learned Monday.

The new round of White House pardons are Bush's first since March and come less than two months before he will end his presidency. The crimes committed by those on the list also include offenses involving hazardous waste, food stamps, and the theft of government property.

Bush has been stingy during his time in office about handing out such reprieves.

Including these actions, he has granted a total of 171 and eight commutations. That's less than half as many as Presidents Clinton or Reagan issued during their time in office. Both were two-term presidents.

On the latest pardon list were:

_Leslie Owen Collier of Charleston, Mo. She was convicted for unauthorized use of a pesticide and violating the Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act.

_Milton Kirk Cordes of Rapid City, S.D. Cordes was convicted of conspiracy to violate the Lacey Act, which prohibits importation into the country of wildlife taken in violation of conservation laws.

_Richard Micheal Culpepper of Mahomet, Ill., who was convicted of making false statements to the federal government.

_Brenda Jean Dolenz-Helmer of Fort Worth, Texas, for reporting or helping cover up a crime.

_Andrew Foster Harley of Falls Church, Va. Harley was convicted of wrongful use and distribution of marijuana and cocaine.

_Obie Gene Helton of Rossville, Ga., whose offense was unauthorized acquisition of food stamps.

_Carey C. Hice Sr. of Travelers Rest, S.C., who was convicted of income tax evasion.

_Geneva Yvonne Hogg of Jacksonville, Fla., convicted of bank embezzlement.

_William Hoyle McCright Jr. of Midland, Texas, who was sentenced for making false entries, books, reports or statements to a bank.

_Paul Julian McCurdy of Sulphur, Okla., who was sentenced for misapplication of bank funds.

_Robert Earl Mohon Jr. of Grant, Ala., who was convicted of conspiracy to distribute marijuana.

_Ronald Alan Mohrhoff of Los Angeles, who was convicted for unlawful use of a telephone in a narcotics felony.

_Daniel Figh Pue III of Conroe, Texas, convicted of illegal treatment, storage and disposal of a hazardous waste without a permit.

_Orion Lynn Vick of White Hall, Ark., who was convicted of aiding and abetting the theft of government property.

Bush also commuted the prison sentences of John Edward Forte of North Brunswick, N.J., and James Russell Harris of Detroit, Mich. Both were convicted of cocaine offenses.

Under the Constitution, the president's power to issue pardons is absolute and cannot be overruled.

Some high-profile individuals, such as Michael Milken, are seeking a pardon on securities fraud charges. Two politicians convicted of public corruption — former Rep. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, R-Calif., and four-term Democratic Louisiana Gov. Edwin W. Edwards — are asking Bush to shorten their prison terms.

One hot topic of discussion related to pardons is whether Bush might decide to issue pre-emptive pardons before he leaves office to government employees who authorized or engaged in harsh interrogations of suspected terrorists in the wake of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks. Some constitutional scholars and human rights groups want the incoming administration of President-elect Barack Obama to investigate possible war crimes.

If Bush were to pardon anyone involved, it would provide protection against criminal charges, particularly for people who were following orders or trying to protect the nation with their actions. But it would also be highly controversial.

At the same time, Obama advisers say there is little — if any — chance that his administration would bring criminal charges.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081124/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_pardons
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 08:19:38 PM by takebackourtemple »

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Bush pardons 14 and commutes 2 prison sentences
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 07:06:58 PM »
The person whose sentence Bush should commute or pardon most of all is Jonathan Pollard.

But Bush is too much of an evil establishment animal to do that. And the traitor Jewish leaders would never demand Pollard's release.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 07:34:48 PM »
The person whose sentence Bush should commute or pardon most of all is Jonathan Pollard.

I Agree 100%!

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 08:18:50 PM »
I was about to post the same article with the same question that Chaim asked. Looks like I was beaten to the punch. This should be a top JTF priority now that Osama will never do it.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 10:24:16 PM »

But Bush is too much of an evil establishment animal to do that. And the traitor Jewish leaders would never demand Pollard's release.

Don't forget the Gentile martyrs Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean, also.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Time to fight for a Pollard pardon.
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 10:25:46 PM »
PS: You notice that most of the dirtbags Dubya has pardoned are drug offenders. Could that be because Bush, in his youth, was an avid coke and pot user?

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 10:52:10 PM »

Don't forget the Gentile martyrs Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean, also.
Yes - I would like to see them pardoned as well.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 11:37:54 PM »
I am surprised why the Jewish Senators and members of congress are silent.

http://www.cbn.com/CBNnews/301173.aspx?option=print
'Don't Go against God's Will'
CBNNews.com
January 10, 2008

CBNNews.com - JERUSALEM, Israel - Former Sephardic Chief Rabbi Mordechai Eliyahu appealed to U.S. President George Bush to work "alongside God and not against Him" on behalf of the Jewish state.

In a hand-delivered letter, the rabbi wrote that Bush's "agenda for peace goes against the will of God."

"You were granted the privilege of serving as U.S. president. Make the best of the duties given you," the rabbi wrote.

"Ever since the Jews of Gush Katif [in the Gaza Strip] were expelled from their homes [in August 2005], Sderot has been bombarded with hundreds of Kassam rockets by Hamas as well as other Palestinian organizations," he wrote.

"Hundreds of thousands of additional people will live in similar danger if we were to abide by your peace plan, and then where would we end up?" he asked.

"Anyone who accepts the Bible as the Word of God must keep in mind that God promised the land of Israel to the Jewish people alone. The Ishmaelites [descendants of Abraham through Ishmael] have no part of this divine plan," wrote the rabbi.

"God's pledge to the Jewish people is carried out through people who were created in God's image and it is their duty to carry out the divine will," urging the President to be a vessel through which God will carry out His divine plan.

A separate letter written on parchment by Rabbi Adin Steinzaltz, president of the Sanhedrin (Jewish religious court), and signed by several rabbis, urged the President to free Jonathan Pollard (an Israeli convicted of spying who has been imprisoned for 22 years), support Jewish settlement in all of Israel, and encourage American Jews to make aliyah (immigrate to Israel).

Source: YNet news service
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2008, 11:02:13 AM »

I agree but there hasn't been a push from the Media like there is right now and we need to ride the bandwaggon and push for this with the Meida
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline whywhywhy

• Full JTFer
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2008, 01:20:41 PM »
Polard should be a national hero.
The information he gave to Israel enables the] Israelis to destroy the atomic reactors. Therefore, the Americans did not have to face atomic bombs when they invaded Iraq. The fact that 20 years Polard has been in jail, is an Antisemitic act!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All the Jews should wake up.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2008, 07:16:33 PM »
Bush is also proving that his claims about caring about the environment are a sham.

Offline takebackourtemple

• Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2008, 07:38:26 PM »
I'm wondering how many sick self-hating Jews are going to accept presidential awards from Obama, knowing well that he will not pardon Pollard. It sickens me that self-hating Jews have probably accept such awards from the Bush's and Clinton.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2008, 07:57:01 AM »
Bush is almost gone., so now I can say what I really feel, considering I have been holding it in for almost 8 yrs, b/c of the TROOPS only:

AND RELEASE THE 2 BORDER GUARDS YOU IDIOT! YOU SUCK! TERRIBLE ROTTEN WEAK TRAITOR!
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2008, 09:04:11 AM »
I am not going to ridicule President Bush even though he has done many things that I did not care for. I know by the time Bush's successor gets done with us Bush will look good by comparison. Bush should by all means do something for Pollard and the border agents. Pollard has more than served enough time and in the case of the agents they should never have seen a day of prison. Do the right thing President Bush people like this are what pardons are intended for.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 09:27:59 AM by cjd »
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2008, 10:36:33 AM »
I am not going to ridicule President Bush even though he has done many things that I did not care for. I know by the time Bush's successor gets done with us Bush will look good by comparison. Bush should by all means do something for Pollard and the border agents. Pollard has more than served enough time and in the case of the agents they should never have seen a day of prison. Do the right thing President Bush people like this are what pardons are intended for.

CJD: I know what you are saying.. I have stood with the troops for EIGHT years while I have watched this TERRIBLE man. I have held my peace for a LONG TIME.  I just thought I would get it OUT of me  :eat: 
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2008, 10:56:53 AM »

CJD: I know what you are saying.. I have stood with the troops for EIGHT years while I have watched this TERRIBLE man. I have held my peace for a LONG TIME.  I just thought I would get it OUT of me  :eat: 
I hear what you are saying and I understand. He has made me feel almost the same way at times. I won't go out of my way to defend how he ran his presidency because he could have done many things differently and we all would be in better shape today. Then again he had a congress that was from hunger. In the first few years of his administration it was passable but the last 6 it was horrible. I honestly believe that he should have taken his case to the people and bypassed them to some extent but he tried to deal with idiots and went down with the ship.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2008, 11:15:15 PM »
Sign the petition to free Jonathan Pollard!

http://www.jonathanpollard.org/

http://www.freepollardnow.com/
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14