Author Topic: What a Mess!  (Read 831 times)

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
What a Mess!
« on: December 01, 2008, 07:15:48 PM »
Monday, December 01, 2008

This Friday, the U.S. Supreme Court will review whether Barack Obama is constitutionally eligible to become the next president.

But that's not the end of it... Hillary Clinton cannot be Secretary of State neither, according to the Constitution.

Founding Fathers included clause that prevents Clinton appointment
The constitutional quandary arises from a clause that forbids members of the Senate from being appointed to civil office, such as the secretary of state, if the "emoluments," or salary and benefits, of the office were increased during the senator's term.

The second clause of Article 1, Section 6, of the Constitution reads, "No Senator or Representative shall, during the time for which he was elected, be appointed to any civil Office under the Authority of the United States which shall have been created, or the Emoluments whereof shall have been increased during such time; and no Person holding any Office under the United States, shall be a Member of either House during his Continuance in Office."

Clinton's current term in the Senate, the salary for Cabinet officers was increased from $186,600 to $191,300. Since the salary is scheduled to again be raised in January 2009, not only Clinton but all sitting Senate members could be considered constitutionally ineligible to serve in Obama's Cabinet.

http://dreamingofmoshiach.blogspot.com/2008_12_01_archive.html
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: What a Mess!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 07:33:28 PM »
Interesting but the way things are going they will ignore that clause like they are doing with everything else. It seems like since Pelosi and company came into power rules no longer apply unless the rules hamper the opposition. They started this garbage in the early spring and its been getting worse ever since. Soon they won't even make pretence of trying to follow the constitution. 
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 09:31:58 PM »
The scary part is that both of they might just get their way. I really hope that The Supreme Court Rules in our favor
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 09:40:03 PM »
Unfortunately, I wouldn't bet on it.

Offline CorrieDeservedIt

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 09:58:54 PM »
This saturday I turn 18.

I'm gonna be dissapointed for my birthday :'(

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 10:54:19 PM »
The scary part is that both of they might just get their way. I really hope that The Supreme Court Rules in our favor

JUST SAY NO     SUPREME COURT!! NO NO NO NO!
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates