Author Topic: Prayer request for someone who came back from the war!!!  (Read 562 times)

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
Prayer request for someone who came back from the war!!!
« on: December 03, 2008, 01:00:32 PM »
I got this today from someone in another group I'm a member in...

I wanted to share this....

If anyone wants to send this brave soldier a card, that would be good

He is going through a rough, rough time right now....when you are going through things like this, your will to live really takes a beating....you need lots and lots of prayers and support, to make it through.....

Thanks so much....   :-*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~

I got this from my wife's uncle today. What's great about this forum is that I know people will pray when requests are made. We're going to send him a card. If you are inclined to as well it would be great.

I got this (12/03/08) from a friend of mine that lives out of state. This young man has given to us and paid a Hugh price for his service. Let us take just a few moments and lift him in prayer.

Thanks,

Subject: Prayer Request
To:
Date: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 10:31 PM

On November 11, my friend Ava's nephew, Staff Sergeant Jacky Tiner was hit by a roadside bomb while walking foot patrol on the streets of Baghdad. He was seriously injured over most of his body but as soon as he could be moved, Jacky was flown to Walter Reed Army Hospital in Washington. Then just before Thanksgiving, the doctors had to amputate one of his legs.

Dianne

From Ava today:

We have just learned that he will lose the other leg in surgery tomorrow, Wednesday, December 3rd.

This is not a request for financial aid but rather for words of support, understanding, and kindness. The family has had to put their lives on hold and, of course, his parents cannot work while he is in a hospital in another state. Their activities are suddenly limited to the hospital room where Jacky has been confined to lie on his back. They must watch each day as their son cannot even be turned on his side due to the tubes and lines inserted into his spine. The challenges are new everyday.

I spoke to my sister this morning who asked for my help and I am asking you. My brother and his wife want Jacky to receive as many Christmas cards as possible and as soon as possible to help lift his spirits in this holiday season. For those of you who would be so kind to respond, the address is located at the bottom of this letter.

WRAMC

6900 Georgia Ave. NW

Washington, DC 20307

Attention: SSG Jacky Tiner
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל