Author Topic: Use "SCROOGLE" as your search engine  (Read 2038 times)

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Use "SCROOGLE" as your search engine
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2008, 09:18:50 AM »
I think this article deals with google's ads program, not the search engine. It is a different issue.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2008, 10:10:52 AM »
I think this article deals with google's ads program, not the search engine. It is a different issue.

page rank is regarding the search engine..

Pamela says that went down.  She got less traffic, her pages wren't coming up..

The letter from Google mentioned the ads program, and not the page rank.. It's still relevant though since if they say the website violated the TOS, then that would explain why they decided to strip her site of its ranking (until they were pressured by media attention like WND).

It's also clear when I tried her google search  box, that they were blocking her from searching her page from her site.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2008, 01:04:48 PM »

The letter from Google mentioned the ads program, and not the page rank.. It's still relevant though since if they say the website violated the TOS, then that would explain why they decided to strip her site of its ranking (until they were pressured by media attention like WND).

It's also clear when I tried her google search  box, that they were blocking her from searching her page from her site.

If this is the case.... Why do I still get StørmFrønt Crap when I do searches on Google?

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2008, 03:27:48 PM »

If this is the case.... Why do I still get StørmFrønt Crap when I do searches on Google?

Google didn't give a reason for saying that atlasshrugs violated their TOS.

Google obviously doesn't think that StørmFrønt violates their TOS!

Google even advertised Hamas , Hamas paid them..
One of those adwords things..
if people enter a keyword certain ads appear on the far right adjacent to the regular search results.
Hamas sponsor/pay google , for each click of a link of one of those adverts.
I guess Google stopped that now 'cos I don't see any adverts come up for Hamas.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2008, 03:38:09 PM »

Google didn't give a reason for saying that atlasshrugs violated their TOS.

Google obviously doesn't think that StørmFrønt violates their TOS!

Google even advertised Hamas , Hamas paid them..
One of those adwords things..
if people enter a keyword certain ads appear on the far right adjacent to the regular search results.
Hamas sponsor/pay google , for each click of a link of one of those adverts.
I guess Google stopped that now 'cos I don't see any adverts come up for Hamas.

Well that just stinks!!