Author Topic: A "nuclear umbrella"? Are you kidding me?  (Read 973 times)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
A "nuclear umbrella"? Are you kidding me?
« on: December 11, 2008, 06:56:45 PM »
From JTA:

["]

The Obama administration will offer Israel a "nuclear umbrella" against the threat of a nuclear attack from Iran, according to a "well-placed source" close to the new administration, reports Aluf Benn in Haaretz:
The source ... said the U.S. will declare that an attack on Israel by Tehran would result in a devastating U.S. nuclear response against Iran. But America's nuclear guarantee to Israel could also be interpreted as a sign the U.S. believes Iran will eventually acquire nuclear arms

[""]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all, I don't believe it.  Second of all, it doesn't matter.  Do we really want to give the Iranians a choice here?  Ahmadinejad (ym"sh) wants to start an apocalypse.  He believes that annihilating Israel and the ensuing nuclear war is what Allah wants him to do.  It's not good enough for America to say "we will retaliate", if Iran doesn't care about that.  This is not the cold war.  The Soviets, for all of their cruelty, were not insane.  The Iranians are.  A pre-emptive strike is the only thing that will avert disaster, and Israel has to take that step, noone else.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: A "nuclear umbrella"? Are you kidding me?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 07:35:21 PM »
This is complete B.S.  Theres NOTHING in Obama's past that would suggest that he would ever do such a thing.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 07:56:24 PM »
Why isn't Obama offering the Nuclear Rain-Coat in addition to the nuclear umbrella?

What good is an umbrella when you don't have a rain-coat? What kind of lunacy is this?

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 08:08:00 PM »
FIRST OFF ISRAEL HAS IT'S OWN NUCLEAR UMBREALLA SECOND AFTER IRAN HITS TEL AVIV AND KILLS A MILLION PEOPLE THE U.S. WILL HIT IRAN LOL A REAL SHVARTZA MIND HUSSEIN HAS
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Roadwarrior

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 08:18:20 PM »
His concept of a "nuclear umbrella" for Israel is semantic nonsense ...
like a "virtual border fence" is semantic nonsense.

Both concepts are ridiculous fantasies

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 08:49:43 PM »
What good is a counter strike after millions of Jews are killed (G-d forbid)?  I guess this is supposed to be some kind of deterent.  I guess they don't mind gambling with Jewish lives.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 08:58:57 PM »
Netanyahu thinks Ahmedinejad is suicidal and may be willing to lose his life and that of his nation/people, if it means wiping israel off the map. 

In that situation, the threat of nuclear attack against iran is not a deterrent to them.

Rabbi Kahane did once say that it is inevitable that the arabs will eventually have better weapons than israel, and only by G-d's miracles can israel survive, and has survived thus far  Other times he gave examples, e.g. 1948 when america didn't help israel.

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 02:44:18 AM »
"Netanyahu thinks Ahmedinejad is suicidal and may be willing to lose his life and that of his nation/people, if it means wiping israel off the map."

I believe this with all my heart.  Suicide means nothing to them.  Israel needs to act soon before it's too late. 

"In that situation, the threat of nuclear attack against iran is not a deterrent to them."

Exactly right.  This is not like the "Cold War" and "MAD" ("Mutually Assured Destruction"). 

"Rabbi Kahane did once say that it is inevitable that the arabs will eventually have better weapons than israel, and only by G-d's miracles can israel survive, and has survived thus far.  Other times he gave examples, e.g. 1948 when america didn't help israel."

I did not know that Rabbi Kahana said this.  Well, it certainly wouldn't be inevitable if the Israeli's did something about it... like how they went into Syria and bombed their start-up nuclear site last summer. 

To allow a madman to develop nuclear bombing capabilities is to be mad yourself!

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 05:06:56 AM »
"Netanyahu thinks Ahmedinejad is suicidal and may be willing to lose his life and that of his nation/people, if it means wiping israel off the map."

I believe this with all my heart.  Suicide means nothing to them.  Israel needs to act soon before it's too late. 

"In that situation, the threat of nuclear attack against iran is not a deterrent to them."

Exactly right.  This is not like the "Cold War" and "MAD" ("Mutually Assured Destruction"). 

"Rabbi Kahane did once say that it is inevitable that the arabs will eventually have better weapons than israel, and only by G-d's miracles can israel survive, and has survived thus far.  Other times he gave examples, e.g. 1948 when america didn't help israel."

I did not know that Rabbi Kahana said this.  Well, it certainly wouldn't be inevitable if the Israeli's did something about it... like how they went into Syria and bombed their start-up nuclear site last summer. 

To allow a madman to develop nuclear bombing capabilities is to be mad yourself!

Israel has done well so far in preventing arab countries from developing nukes.  Israel has been successful in stopping iraq, and as you mention, recently syria.

We shouldn't forget that pakistan(muslim country) has nukes. But it's a small country and at least the govt isn't suicidal.. some of the people are though.
They may be likely to help iran.

And as somebody mentioned, china has helped iran! by just viewing the world economically!

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 05:16:50 AM »
BHO is very clever: Either Iran will wipe out Israel and itself or Israel will do the "dirty work" and Obama the new multiculti mahdi and leader of New Global Comunity will punish Israel for staying alive This is win win scenario for him. The only question is will Natanyahu carry his word or do another  flip flop.   
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2008, 09:26:09 AM »
At present this tactics seems to be blocking Israel and making it complacent.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.