Author Topic: Anybody want to come clear off the snow and ice on my walkway???  (Read 1924 times)

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
Anybody want to come clear off the snow and ice on my walkway???
« on: December 20, 2008, 06:41:03 PM »
The landlord and the manager don't seem to be too concerned about clearing off the snow on the walkways or the common areas, etc.

Any volunteers???

:::D

I threw some salt out there, but that is all I'm going to do. I was the only one who even cared enough to do that.

Oh well.......

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Anybody want to come clear off the snow and ice on my walkway???
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 06:44:20 PM »
Careful, you might attract sumo wrestlers.

If you think rats are scary, you aint seen nothin yet

Offline Dnew

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 08:20:23 PM »
Find some LEGAL immigrants to do it for you.
Make sure they are legal.
That is all that they are good for.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 12:38:17 AM »
ask some boys to light a fire there ;-)

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008, 12:41:47 AM »
Actually, I think its the landlord's job to clear the snow....

Its snowed 15 inches here already.

:o
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2008, 12:42:34 AM »
The landlord and the manager don't seem to be too concerned about clearing off the snow on the walkways or the common areas, etc.

Any volunteers???

I threw some salt out there, but that is all I'm going to do. I was the only one who even cared enough to do that.

Oh well.......

If you know of a nice single Jewish girl for me to marry, I'll shovel your walkway for as long as you live there. :)

Seriously, you're not alone, my landlords could care less about my walkway. I shoveled it myself. Good luck.

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008, 01:30:35 AM »
I shoveled for 4.5 hours today and my back is toast.  We're expecting another foot of snow tomorrow.  But you know, I really don't mind it.  Shovelling is good exercise and snow is just another proof of G-d's magnificence.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2008, 01:36:28 AM »
I shoveled for 4.5 hours today and my back is toast.  We're expecting another foot of snow tomorrow.  But you know, I really don't mind it.  Shovelling is good exercise and snow is just another proof of G-d's magnificence.

You'll feel it tomorrow!

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2008, 02:52:43 AM »

You'll feel it tomorrow!

Yeah, I decided not to wait until tomorrow.  I'm feeling it now!

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2008, 02:53:24 AM »
Won't they get a fine for endangering pedestrians?
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2008, 03:03:59 AM »

You'll feel it tomorrow!

Yeah, I decided not to wait until tomorrow.  I'm feeling it now!

a common wisdom is that it's better to rest a bodypart the day after exercising it, to let the muscles rebuild  - and they will.  (still, some exercise every day, it may depend on the type of training)

How about moving the snow by way of a snowball every other day, (when your back is tired). Would that be easier on your back?

you could choose not to park in your driveway(or whatever you americans call it).

For boots, if that's seriously the problem and the govt aren't doing it. Buy boots!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 06:12:29 AM by q_q_ »

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2008, 04:17:53 PM »

Any volunteers???

Oh well.......

If you know of a nice single Jewish girl for me to marry, I'll shovel your walkway for as long as you live there. :)

Seriously, you're not alone, my landlords could care less about my walkway. I shoveled it myself. Good luck.

Do you want me to start looking for you? I used to work at the Jewish Community Center, I bet I could find someone for you... ;D
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2008, 04:19:19 PM »
Won't they get a fine for endangering pedestrians?

Actually, I think they could get sued, especially if someone fell down and hurt themselves........

I know I am whining, but it seems the owner cares more about his plants he planted, than about the people who have to live here....

Makes me angry...I wont post the angry smiley face though... :laugh:
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2008, 04:22:00 PM »
I heard you guys got it bad in Oregon.  I saw a bus yesterday that almost went off the road onto the freeway yesterday. Scary stuff!

http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Dseattle%2Bbus%2Bcrash%26fr%3Dyfp-t-501%26toggle%3D1%26cop%3Dmss%26ei%3DUTF-8&w=400&h=300&imgurl=media.star-telegram.com%2Fsmedia%2F2008%2F12%2F19%2F16%2FBUS_ACCIDENT.sff.embedded.prod_affiliate.58.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.star-telegram.com%2F190%2Fstory%2F1104546.html&size=26kB&name=Seattle+crash+leaves+bus+wheels+dangling+over+I-5&p=seattle+bus+crash&type=JPG&oid=f3d1d9c89c201556&no=5&tt=61&sigr=11juo21jf&sigi=12stva6ur&sigb=137dlku7u

Yes, its bad out here...they are telling people to not drive unless they absolutely have to....

People are getting stuck on the hiways for hours, too...also, in the airport and the bus stations...

If I lived much closer, I would take some food to those people, but others are stepping up to the plate and doing it I think....the bus stations and airports should be feeding people, but I don't think that they are....... >: THey told the tv station though they were going to do something now...
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2008, 04:56:53 PM »
This is the worst year for Ice all over the country.  Downed power lines, impassable roads, no shopping.  Its a retailers nightmare! Will be glad when there is a January thaw, because this weather is the pits!

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2008, 04:59:05 PM »
My landlord hates to get out and shovel too!

If I promise her coffee or hot cocoa when she is done...I can usually convince her.    8;)  ;D
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 05:05:11 PM by bullcat3 »
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2008, 05:54:36 PM »

Any volunteers???

Oh well.......

Do you want me to start looking for you? I used to work at the Jewish Community Center, I bet I could find someone for you... ;D

If you're serious, then yeah and I can start tomorrow for ALL future snowstorms! :)