General Category > General Discussion

The "big Lie" theory, and its essential aspect

(1/1)

zachor_ve_kavod:
On this week's ASK JTF, Chaim referred to  Hitler's and Goebbels (ym"sh) idea that if you repeat a lie often enough people will believe it.  I think one essential aspect of this theory was missing from Chaim's analysis.  This idea was conceived in relation to the mindless masses, NOT to inteligent, rational thinkers.

Chaim seemed worried that Peace Now's videos could influence people in the long run.  Possibly, if Israeli Jews listened to Peace Now's videos often enough, they might start to believe their lies.  However, I hope that we do not appeal to the mindless masses.  I'd like us to attract logical Jews who think freely and act deliberately.

In other words, if Peace Now can convince a bunch of morons in the "justice" of their cause, they can have them.

Dr. Dan:
actually the big lie theory has worked in regards to Meir Kahane.  I have heard that schools all over Israel vindicated Meir Kahane so much to the point that as soon as one meets a relatively right wing israeli and mention the word "kahane", they look at you like you are a mad man extremist.  Oddly enough, I came across Kahane's Cspan meeting around the time of the 2006 Lebanon war...very logical and very sane...So it comes to show how the big lie theory can work..

Dr. Dan:

--- Quote from: zachor_ve_kavod on December 22, 2008, 04:41:08 AM ---On this week's ASK JTF, Chaim referred to  Hitler's and Goebbels (ym"sh) idea that if you repeat a lie often enough people will believe it.  I think one essential aspect of this theory was missing from Chaim's analysis.  This idea was conceived in relation to the mindless masses, NOT to inteligent, rational thinkers.

Chaim seemed worried that Peace Now's videos could influence people in the long run.  Possibly, if Israeli Jews listened to Peace Now's videos often enough, they might start to believe their lies.  However, I hope that we do not appeal to the mindless masses.  I'd like us to attract logical Jews who think freely and act deliberately.

In other words, if Peace Now can convince a bunch of morons in the "justice" of their cause, they can have them.

--- End quote ---

Hate to break it to you...the majority in this world are brainless bunch of morons.

zachor_ve_kavod:

--- Quote from: Dr. Dan on December 22, 2008, 11:21:03 AM ---
--- Quote from: zachor_ve_kavod on December 22, 2008, 04:41:08 AM ---On this week's ASK JTF, Chaim referred to  Hitler's and Goebbels (ym"sh) idea that if you repeat a lie often enough people will believe it.  I think one essential aspect of this theory was missing from Chaim's analysis.  This idea was conceived in relation to the mindless masses, NOT to inteligent, rational thinkers.

--- End quote ---

Hate to break it to you...the majority in this world are brainless bunch of morons.

--- End quote ---

Actually, I happen to know this.  I'm reminded of it every time I turn on the television (so I seldom do it anymore), read the papers, or step outside.

My point is, that I think our movement is different.  We do not attract the mindless masses.  I think it's fair to say that every member of this forum had to do some critical thinking and eventually reject the brainwashing of mainstream society.  Consequently, I believe everyone on the forum is ipso facto a critical thinker.  They could not have embraced Kahanism otherwise.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version