Author Topic: One other point about Pink Floyd  (Read 1444 times)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
One other point about Pink Floyd
« on: December 22, 2008, 04:47:28 AM »
I used to like their music.  They were a talented group.  But their frontman, Roger Waters is an anti-Zionist and an anti-Semite.  So Pink Floyd is just another in a long list of cultural icons that I won't have anything to do with.

This is an unfortunate aspect of life.  One by one, as a Jew, one finds that mainstream cultural figures are against the Jews...Mel Gibson, Monty Python, Pink Floyd, Roald Dahl, Cat Stevens...the list is a mile long, and growing.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: One other point about Pink Floyd
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 08:24:13 AM »
Monty Python ?! John clease included ?

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 08:46:09 AM »

My friend tells me that Floyd founder Syd Barrett was looney. If he was anti-semetic, does it still count being he was crazy?

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 09:20:22 AM »
Who cares about that has been
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 10:47:12 AM »

My friend tells me that Floyd founder Syd Barrett was looney. If he was anti-semetic, does it still count being he was crazy?
I think not unless he had been a hater even before he lost his sanity. I think he went completely crazy due to LSD but it was over 30 years ago and the Pink Floyd kept operating long after they lost Syd.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 02:21:21 PM »
Many hard-rockers are fixated with anti-zionism and and Naziism. 

What about Mcjagger.   Here he is with his idol.... Leni Reifenshtahl:

He said he watched.. 'the triumph of the will'   100's of times.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 02:30:21 PM »
Mick Jagger  :::D
He's still around?
 :yuck:
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008, 03:36:10 PM »
Ive been a fan of Floyd for many years. I saw them at the LA Sports Arena for the Momentary Lapse tour. I am aware of Roger Waters anti-semitism. I don't know why someone bought up Syd Barret because he has been out of the band for over thirty years. I know that RW is an antisemite because of some of his lyrics and because of the statement he made when he was supposed to perform in Israel. I think RW is a real a**wipe. I have not listened to any RW for almost four years and have thrown out all his CD's and Albums. I still like some old Floyd but for the most part RW and Floyd are on my crepe list.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2008, 04:30:57 PM »
Ive been a fan of Floyd for many years. I saw them at the LA Sports Arena for the Momentary Lapse tour. I am aware of Roger Waters anti-semitism. I don't know why someone bought up Syd Barret because he has been out of the band for over thirty years. I know that RW is an antisemite because of some of his lyrics and because of the statement he made when he was supposed to perform in Israel. I think RW is a real a**wipe. I have not listened to any RW for almost four years and have thrown out all his CD's and Albums. I still like some old Floyd but for the most part RW and Floyd are on my crepe list.

As a side note... I was actually an 'event staff' at a Floyd concert.... and some Nepalese guy put a 'curse' on me for not letting him in the front row.   HAHAHAHA

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2008, 04:34:04 PM »

As a side note... I was actually an 'event staff' at a Floyd concert.... and some Nepalese guy put a 'curse' on me for not letting him in the front row. HAHAHAHA

why didn't you let him/her/it?
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2008, 04:44:49 PM »

As a side note... I was actually an 'event staff' at a Floyd concert.... and some Nepalese guy put a 'curse' on me for not letting him in the front row. HAHAHAHA

why didn't you let him/her/it?

No ticket.   And I figured his curse wasnt too powerful.  HAHAHAH

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2008, 04:55:08 PM »
These LUNATIC DRUG ATTICS came out when I was in 8th grade I believe with this song, and I thought- OMYG-d! The WORLD is going to END.  I KNEW they were EVIL when I was 14 yrs old. I THANK G-d that He has ALWAYS been in my life, to help me with those things, b/c I watched how my friends started FAILING and saying "WE DONT NEED NO EDUCATION"  I hate it!!!!!  >:(

When we grew up and went to school
There were certain teachers who would hurt the children any way they could

A boring ready region upon anything we did exposing every weakness how the kid did bye the kid (laughter)

Out in the middle of nowhere they were home at night with friends, psychopathic wads would flash down with a inches of their lives

(beat)

We don’t need no education
We don’t need no thoughts controlled
There is no sarcasm in the class room
Teachers leave them kids alone
(yells) hey teachers leave them kids alone!

All alone you’re just eight whether you break it no more.

All alone you’re just eight whether u break it no more.

(british kids)
We don’t need no education
We don’t need no thoughts controlled
There is no sarcasm in the class room
Teachers leave them kids alone
(yells) hey teachers leave those kids alone!

All alone ur just a... Whether u break it no more.
All alone ur just a... Whether u break it no more.

(beat)

If u dont eat ur meat u kant have ne pudding
How kan u have any pudding if u dont eat ur meat

(kids screaming)
(beeping
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2008, 05:02:27 PM »
I remember in 3rd grade singing that song like it was the coolest thing in the world.  'We dont need no education'