Author Topic: Nativity scenes in Italy have mosques and minarets includerd  (Read 878 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Nativity scenes in Italy have mosques and minarets includerd
« on: December 25, 2008, 11:09:21 AM »
 :o :o :o             

Ho-Ho-Ho... Italian Churches Now Include Mosques in Nativity Scenes

At Our Lady of Divine Providence in Genoa, Father Prospero Bonanzi put a mosque and a minaret in his crib scene. (La Repubblica)

Churches in Italy are including Muslim figurines in their Nativity Scenes this year as a symbol of inclusivity.
Not everyone is happy about it
The BBC reported:

Right-wing politicians have protested at the inclusion of Islamic symbols in nativity scenes in northern Italy.

Elaborate cribs with figurines enacting the nativity decorate most Catholic churches in Italy at this time of year.

A priest at a Genoa church put a mosque and minaret in his crib, while a crib at a Venice school also had a mosque.

The Genoa branch of the anti-immigrant Northern League reacted with fury. But a senior church figure said there are no firm rules on what can be included.

At Our Lady of Divine Providence in Genoa, Father Prospero Bonanzi put a mosque and a minaret in his crib.

"The act of a fool," the local branch of the party called the priest's decision.

"The only thing he missed out was the suicide bomber ready to blow up Christ's manger," was the comment of the Northern League's European deputy Mario Borghezio.

Islam in Europe has more on the multicultural Christmas scenes

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2008/12/ho-ho-ho-italian-churches-now-include.html
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Nativity scenes in Italy have mosques and minarets includerd
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2008, 11:19:10 AM »
http://islamineurope.blogspot.com/2008/12/italy-mosques-in-nativity-scenes.html   

Italy: Mosques in nativity scenes

Italy: Mosques in nativity scenes

Update: Telegraph reports in English

... The anti-immigration Northern League has called for a referendum to before any more mosques are built. Mario Borghezio, a Northern League MEP, called the priest an "imbecile" and said: "What on earth possessed him to put a mosque in a traditional Christmas nativity scene? I hope that the Church authorities in Genova will investigate this as a matter of urgency.''

He added: "What will this priest do when he says Mass during Ramadan? Ask us to turn towards Mecca? He may as well have included a suicide bomber wearing dynamite."

Father Bonzani also responded to his fiercer critics. "They said that I was allowing Islam to infiltrate Catholicism. As for Mr Borghezio, he is showing complete ignorance of his so called Catholic faith to love thy neighbour as thyself."

------------

A nativity scene set up in Venice at a college of the Italian Women's Center, a Catholic organization, also features a mosque.

Suad Kechman, a Bosnian Muslim, who built the scene together with Donatella Trevisan, a Catholic coworker, says she respects her host nation's traditions. She says she was inspired by Sarajevo, which used to be a multicultural, multi-religious city.

The principal of the school, Valentina Pontina, sees the mosque initiative as a positive thing. The school has 150 students, with about 40% immigrants coming from Albania, China, the Philippines, Macedonia, Morocco, Poland, Russia, Sweden, Turkey and the Ukraine.

Father Konrad Friedrich Ferdinand, priest at the Church of San Simon Piccolo was not happy about it. He says that Muslims and Christians do not have the same concept of Jesus. For Christians Jesus is a God while for Muslims he's not.

On the other hand, Father Dino Pistolato, director of the diocesan Caritas, says the mosque does not bother him and that the Christian message is that God is for everybody.

-----------

In Genoa, the priest of Oregina, Don Prospero, recreated contemporary Palestine in a nativity scene, and doesn't understand why there's a scandal about there being a mosque. He says that there's also a menorah in his scene.

He says that only one person in his parish complained and yet it got top headlines in Italian newspapers. Partially since there's already a controversy about building a mosque in Genoa.

Sources: La Nuova , le Repubblica (Italian)
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 11:37:48 AM »
I'm almost not surprised, all the commies are up north. But this is happening in one of the most anti-Islamic countries in Europe  :o

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2008, 11:41:04 AM »
I'm almost not surprised, all the commies are up north. But this is happening in one of the most anti-Islamic countries in Europe  :o
This multi culturism has gone too far all cultures are not equal

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2008, 11:58:52 AM »
and i thought europe was stronger than this

Offline Daleksfearme

• Pro JTFer
  • What is, What was, What could be. thats what I see
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2008, 12:03:37 PM »
Every culture should be allowed to express its own beliefs without being required to be all inclusive. It is not in any way appropriate for people to demand that they be made part of every facet of life.

That is just being selfish and self centered.
"You must not have looked in the new dictionary for the word Genocide, Because Right next to it is a picture of me with a capton that reads...over my dead body!"

The Doctor

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2008, 01:33:42 PM »
Euro-Communism has almost taken over Europe and Muslamic invaders may be welcome with open arms there.

The great divide may be visible.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline JewishAmericanPatriot

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2008, 06:05:06 PM »

I know; this would not happen down South.

Isn't Alessandra Mussolini (granddaughter of Benito) trying to stop Muslim immigration to Italy? She is a politician in Italy now, and BTW she is not antisemitic, quite the contrary.
JOIN THE ANTI-OBAMA RESISTANCE!

America's Last Stand: http://americaslaststand.angelfire.com

SAVAGE INGRATITUDE: http://www.savageingratitude.com

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2008, 08:58:30 PM »
Those Italians have gone wacko.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2008, 09:07:25 PM »
This is a disgrace and I find this offensive in many ways, as a Christian, and as an Italian. Those are swine traitors, and I have chosen words for them, but will refrain myself for the forum.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!