Author Topic: This is all a distraction! Don't be fooled!!!...Maybe?  (Read 699 times)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
This is all a distraction! Don't be fooled!!!...Maybe?
« on: December 30, 2008, 03:13:00 AM »
In some ways, the Muslims are a great deal smarter than we give them credit for.  It is a mistake to underestimate your enemy.  What occurred to me just now is profoundly troublesome, and I'm kicking myself for not thinking of it earlier.

Why would Hamas barrage southern Israel with hundreds of rockets in a few days, knowing that the Israeli response would be severe?  Are they stupid, or are they up to something?  I think that they are creating a perfect distraction for Israel.  Israel is preoccupied with teaching the arabs of Gaza a lesson.  Meanwhile it has their back turned to what is going on behind them on the other side. 

What other side?  I don't know for sure.  The other side could be Judea and Samaria.  Or even worse, the other side could be Iran.  With the IDF focussing all of their attention on Gaza, are they turning a blind eye to possible incoming ICBMs from Iran?

It has been often said that you can't win a war on two fronts.  Now Israel has won wars on five fronts.  But Israel, I'm sure, considers these strikes in Gaza an operation outside of war. 

How do we get Israel to pay attention to what may be going on right under their noses?  I don't mean to be an alarmist, but this could all just be a ploy by the muslims to divert Israel's attention to a far more serious threat.

Am I being paranoid?

Offline George

• Senior JTFer
Re: This is all a distraction! Don't be fooled!!!...Maybe?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 03:23:36 AM »
I think Hamas is not trying to distract Israel but they're trying to keep Arab hatred for Jews strong. Every once in a while they'll do these things to keep the Arabs in their hateful state of mind. Israel needs to stop playing this tit for tat game and deport them.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 07:20:12 AM »
Iran is being very quiet compared to the past and that's not good. Maybe they are very close to devloping certain weapon systems...not just nuclear.  They definitely understand that patience is important and Israel and the US better realize this sooner than later.  You should never underestaimate an enemy.  It doesn't matter if most of them are still mentally in the stone age; out of a billion people, you will have some brilliant people there. 

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 07:56:33 AM »
you might have a point, but I think Hezballah is poised for to start shooting rockets from a second front...just like a 2.5 years ago.  Let's see.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 10:14:09 AM »
You are not being paranoid, there could be a war with two fronts, it pays to be a tactition, and never underestimate your enemy.  It may even be necessary to read his book, just as George Patton did with his adversary Irwin Rommel!  Get the upper hand, study your enemy, and know who you are dealing with.   Patton outsmarted the Desert Fox, because he knew his tank and battalion tactics.