Author Topic: The truth about foreign aid to Israel  (Read 607 times)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
The truth about foreign aid to Israel
« on: December 29, 2008, 09:07:56 PM »
People need to know this, because there is a mistaken impression out there that Israel accepts huge amounts of foreign aid from America and thus has to listen to America.  An example of this was when (I believe) it was Netanyahu who said that Israel should get America's consent before it takes military action against Iran.  This is obviously wrong for so many reasons, but it is also wrong to assume this because Israel does not, in fact, get the foreign aid from America that everyone thinks it does.

Since Netanyahu was prime minister, Israel reduced the amount of foreign aid it receives annually, to the point where it now gets zero foreign aid.

[See Caroline Glick's speech:  http://www.davidhorowitztv.com/restoration-weekend-2008/234-03-breakout-session-i-the-future-of-israel]

Israel does get MILITARY aid from America, but it is not as much as people tend to think it is, in fact Pakistan gets 10 times as much military aid from America as Israel does.  [same source]

Israel is essentially free, there should be no pretense about this.  Israel does not owe America anything.  It is a sovereign country.  It stands as it is, on its own two feet.

I wonder how many Israeli Jews feel compelled to listen to America based on the false assumption that America contributes a great deal of money to the country.  Shouldn't Israelis know that this is not the case?

Offline Daleksfearme

• Pro JTFer
  • What is, What was, What could be. thats what I see
Re: The truth about foreign aid to Israel
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 12:13:05 AM »
If a friend is under brutal attack from people who have repeatedly stated that this friend deserves to be killed the question of Aid becomes irrelevant.

On simple moral grounds you step in and defend your friend from harm. This should also be the same on the level of nations. It is not some kind of quid pro quo based on past favors. As a matter of fact, even if someone whom is neutral to you is under assult, you should jump in out of a simple moral imperative to prevent an Innocent person from harm.

I think that for America to put pressure on Israel to respond to repeated attacks in any way that is inconsistent with its own self preservation is one of the most hurtful things that I have ever come across.  It really puts the point across as to how far we have fallen.
"You must not have looked in the new dictionary for the word Genocide, Because Right next to it is a picture of me with a capton that reads...over my dead body!"

The Doctor