Author Topic: I'm back from Israel  (Read 1117 times)

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
I'm back from Israel
« on: January 01, 2009, 08:48:57 PM »
Hey guys, I'm back after 4 months of Yeshiva in Israel, I had a great time. It took Israel long enough to finally take care of bussiness, let's just hope they finish the job. Does anyone think Obama is going to pressure Israel to cease-fire and/or give up any more land in the near future?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: I'm back from Israel
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 08:52:22 PM »
Why do you have 1988 as part of your user name?

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 08:54:11 PM »

He is 20 years old maybe that is for the year he was born

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 08:56:11 PM »

He is 20 years old maybe that is for the year he was born

It reminds me of Kiwi1988 and also the Nazi symbol that has part of that number.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 09:00:24 PM »
yes, it's my age. I decided to have my year of birth in my username so people won't think I'm ignorant when I ask questions. If they see I'm only 20 then they will understand if I come off a bit dumb.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 09:03:29 PM »
yes, it's my age. I decided to have my year of birth in my username so people won't think I'm ignorant when I ask questions. If they see I'm only 20 then they will understand if I come off a bit dumb.

You did sound dumb when you were making a cheap shot about Chaim being able to sell snow to Eskimoes.

I hope your intentions are good but I doubt that right now.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2009, 09:09:21 PM »
what I mean is that he gets through so well, and to the point. It was a compliment.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2009, 09:21:53 PM »

There is nothing dumb related to being 20+..

I've always heard the "he could sell snow to eskimos" used as a compliment.. for charm and ability to convince people.  If you'd have said "he is selling snow to eskimos" !! That would be critical.. but I don't think people use that line anyway..

The 88 isn't so bad in your case because you have a 19 before it! BUt normally be careful of 18 and 88 in a username or out of the blue.. 8 is the 8th letter of the alphabet - H.  (obvious if you know that J is the 10th)

so 18 - AH - adolf...  And 88 is Heil..  So you see why 18 and 88 are codes used by nazis.  As I said, yours is ok I think 'cos it has a 19 before it, we recognize 1988.. But you seem to want to learn so you might have wanted to know that!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2009, 09:27:07 PM »
thanks, at least somebody here is understanding. I never knew about that 88 thing.... I should have just used my full birthday 2/3/88

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2009, 09:34:22 PM »
thanks, at least somebody here is understanding. I never knew about that 88 thing.... I should have just used my full birthday 2/3/88

By 20 you've reached an age that won't harm the quality of your posts. There is no need to advertise your age.

Infact, even a mature 16 year old can be as sensible as an adult..   - on a forum at least!  And with the power of google which you have, nobody is ignorant - at least not on a forum where google is so easily in reach.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2009, 10:44:05 PM »
Sorry Mo. It was the numbers that bothered me because of what QQ explained to you.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2009, 11:06:32 PM »
Hey MO!
WooooWooo! Nuk-nuk!
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2009, 11:53:48 PM »
Hey guys, I'm back after 4 months of Yeshiva in Israel, I had a great time. It took Israel long enough to finally take care of bussiness, let's just hope they finish the job. Does anyone think Obama is going to pressure Israel to cease-fire and/or give up any more land in the near future?

Moshe, welcome back!

There's no doubt that Obama will pressure Israel to give up more land, but certainly not in the near future. A cease fire? Perhaps. But he takes office on the 20th. The Arabs are all cowards and this current conflict will probably be over in two weeks.

Offline Sparky

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2009, 01:44:22 AM »

There is nothing dumb related to being 20+..

I've always heard the "he could sell snow to eskimos" used as a compliment.. for charm and ability to convince people.  If you'd have said "he is selling snow to eskimos" !! That would be critical.. but I don't think people use that line anyway..

The 88 isn't so bad in your case because you have a 19 before it! BUt normally be careful of 18 and 88 in a username or out of the blue.. 8 is the 8th letter of the alphabet - H.  (obvious if you know that J is the 10th)

so 18 - AH - adolf...  And 88 is Heil..  So you see why 18 and 88 are codes used by nazis.  As I said, yours is ok I think 'cos it has a 19 before it, we recognize 1988.. But you seem to want to learn so you might have wanted to know that!

I've also seen it as 1488.  The 14 word slogan of David Lane - "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children."