Author Topic: Bill Maher..  (Read 1630 times)

Offline Zoran

• Full JTFer
Bill Maher..
« on: January 06, 2009, 03:14:25 PM »
Has anybody seen his latest bulldung documentary "Religulous"? I'm watching it as I type this, and all I can think in my mind is "what's wrong with this guy?"

Why can he not just let people live with their beliefs if they are not harming anybody?

Christianity and Judaism are, without argument, peaceful religions with good teachings. Islam is a violent and brutal religion, and should be exposed to every human being for what it is.

But what is wrong with this idiot? I agree that some people manipulate both Christianity and Judaism for personal gains, but these people are snakes and will be punished for their deeds. Do these people represent the entire religion? No, they don't.

In conclusion, Bill Maher needs to shut up and let people live.

If anybody wants to watch the movie, send me a PM and I will give you a location to watch it.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
Re: Bill Maher..
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 03:50:00 PM »
I won't waste my time or my dollar. This fool thinks we are fools for believing in whatever G-d we choose.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 04:33:09 PM »
Bill Mahr is and has always been a completely egotistical idiot. I would never listen to a single word which dribbles from his mouth. He is so arrogant and thinks he is so great. This is why he doesnt believe in G-d because his ego is too big. He does a great impression of the yetzer hara and he will enjoy his stay in the boiling pit of Gehinnom.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Bradina

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 04:34:59 PM »
I've watched an interview he did recently on Canadian television.

He lets people live with their beliefs as long as they are not harming anybody. But this is where his criticism of religion comes into play. He doesn't like extremists and the violence religion causes, in particular Islam. He is an atheist but he believes that everyone should have a right to believe in whatever they want as long as they respect the beliefs of others.

He does have a huge ego though. He doesn't really know everything about religion.

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 04:45:17 PM »
Maher is an arrogant scumbag. It's one thing to be an atheist, but to go around ridiculing people of faith and demonizing all religion, is another.

He's a self-righteous, pompous, deprecating fecalbag.

Additionally, he sucks as a stand-up comic.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 04:47:35 PM »
A better documentary is "Expelled" with Ben Stein which shows how illogical the other side is.

An even better one was one I saw a few years ago on the theory of relativity, quantum physics, newton's laws, and the quest for a more universal theory.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 04:51:43 PM »
A better documentary is "Expelled" with Ben Stein which shows how illogical the other side is.

An even better one was one I saw a few years ago on the theory of relativity, quantum physics, newton's laws, and the quest for a more universal theory.

A better documentary for me is "Ultimate Fighting: From Blood Sport to Big Time"

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 05:13:09 PM »

Support good films. rent or buy, Expelled, An American Carol, Fireproof, and for action, Iron Man; A film where the bad guys are actually, shock! Arab terrorists! But that makes sense because the creator of Iron Man and Marvel Comics, Stan Lee, is outside of the Hollywood sewer, he's a decent old school type of guy and that's reflected in his storys made into films.
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 05:33:56 PM »

A better documentary for me is "Ultimate Fighting: From Blood Sport to Big Time"

You don't need a documentary though, you're trained in the real deal !

now where are my 300g of oats? ;-)

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 05:36:09 PM »

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 05:44:15 PM »
Maher is an arrogant scumbag. It's one thing to be an atheist, but to go around ridiculing people of faith and demonizing all religion, is another.

He's a self-righteous, pompous, deprecating fecalbag.

Additionally, he sucks as a stand-up comic.

He is a stand up comic? I didn't even know..... :::D

I can't stand him...either...
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 05:52:50 PM »
Bill Maher is the biggest piece of [censored] in the entertainment industry.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 05:56:45 PM »

Now where are my steel-enforced false teeth?

Offline Zoran

• Full JTFer
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 07:45:06 PM »
So far, I'm 60 minutes through a 100-minute movie (the Religulous movie), and the ONLY religion that has been criticized and ridiculed is Christianity. This man needs to shut his freakin mouth.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 07:47:32 PM »
So far, I'm 60 minutes through a 100-minute movie (the Religulous movie), and the ONLY religion that has been criticized and ridiculed is Christianity. This man needs to shut his freakin mouth.

In Britain , the main channels go against christianity every christmas.

this black guy with dreadlocks - dr robert beckford - tries to show christianity is false.

Offline Zoran

• Full JTFer
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2009, 08:28:40 PM »
I've noticed Bill Maher's shock tactics in trying to persuade people that religion is horrible, evil, it kills people, etc. regardless of what religion it is. That's funny, I could've sworn Stalin was an atheist who killed, oh, let's say 20 million people. Also I could have sworn that Hitler was, at the very least, an agnostic who directly led to the deaths of 72 million people. These two non-religionists (Hitler had initially liked the Catholic church, but had denounced it later) alone have, in the past century, directly led to the deaths of almost 100 million people. That's 100,000,000.

So Maher can take his atheism and shove it where it belongs, because while religion has caused death, there is NO religion as brutal and violent as Islam and there are religions that have NOT caused their followers to kill in their name or to attempt to conquer the world as Islam does on a daily basis.

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2009, 08:34:44 PM »
Maher also attacked the pope when he came to america, and all of the crap they put on comedy Central attacks Catholicism.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2009, 11:01:30 PM »
I saw the whole movie (it was a waste of time), but I wouldn't say that his questions and points are not valid. Infact they are valid, and people should be asking questions and investigating and not taking things at face value. He didn't talk much about the Jewish religion though, but their were only 2 things- 1 an interview with a NK guy- who doesn't represent us, and who didn't let him speak and with a guy and a place dealing with things for the Shabb-t, and the point was how strict it was/is (punishable by death) soo what? The point is true, but the problem with Maher is that he didn't investigate the Toroh enough. And his questions in my opinion are valid and we must seek the truth with rationality and seek proof.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2009, 11:04:28 PM »
before even seeing it, I suspect that he didn't interview 1 serious christian that knew what he was talking about.  I'm, sure that a proper baptist minister would have given him too hard a time!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2009, 11:45:51 PM »
I saw the whole movie (it was a waste of time), but I wouldn't say that his questions and points are not valid. Infact they are valid, and people should be asking questions and investigating and not taking things at face value. He didn't talk much about the Jewish religion though, but their were only 2 things- 1 an interview with a NK guy- who doesn't represent us, and who didn't let him speak and with a guy and a place dealing with things for the Shabbat, and the point was how strict it was/is (punishable by death) soo what? The point is true, but the problem with Maher is that he didn't investigate the Toroh enough. And his questions in my opinion are valid and we must seek the truth with rationality and seek proof.

Only one who is honest with him/herself is capable of asking the right questions and seeking the answers. This Mahr creep entered the subject with preconceived notions, trying to disprove the fact that G-d exists. He is not honest if he thinks his approach to the subject matter was impartial. This is sort of like expecting Michael Moore to make a movie without an agenda.

Mahr is an idiot looking for idiots to idolize him. His questions should be saved for HaSatan.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14