Author Topic: Cheney to Jews: Bush administration still 'committed' to destroying Israel  (Read 2275 times)

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
Cheney says U.S. 'unflinching' on Israel 

Mar 12 09:41 PM US/Eastern

WASHINGTON, March 12 (UPI) -- The U.S. vice president said support for Israel is "unflinching and steadfast" in a speech to the American Israel Public Affairs Committee Policy Conference.

Dick Cheney told an audience of more than 6,000 gathered for breakfast in Washington Monday the Bush administration "remains committed" to Israel and Palestine as two democratic states side-by-side.

Cheney called the war on terror a "battlefield of ideas" and said the United States will "stay on the offensive until the enemy is destroyed," the Houston Chronicle reported. The vice president said abandoning Iraq would cause "consequences" in the Middle East.

Cheney's remarks drew a standing ovation.

AIPAC members are mostly Democrats, but the organization's Web site says its purpose is to ensure U.S. support for Israel remains strong. A Gallup poll shows 63 percent of U.S. residents hold a favorable view of the Jewish state.

Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi also was scheduled to speak.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 04:58:31 PM by Jabo »

SoldierOfZion

Cheney says U.S. 'unflinching' on Israel 

Mar 12 09:41 PM US/Eastern

WASHINGTON, March 12 (UPI) -- The U.S. vice president said support for Israel is "unflinching and steadfast" in a speech to the American Israel Public Affairs Committee Policy Conference.

Dick Cheney told an audience of more than 6,000 gathered for breakfast in Washington Monday the Bush administration "remains committed" to Israel and Palestine as two democratic states side-by-side.

Cheney called the war on terror a "battlefield of ideas" and said the United States will "stay on the offensive until the enemy is destroyed," the Houston Chronicle reported. The vice president said abandoning Iraq would cause "consequences" in the Middle East.

Cheney's remarks drew a standing ovation.

AIPAC members are mostly Democrats, but the organization's Web site says its purpose is to ensure U.S. support for Israel remains strong. A Gallup poll shows 63 percent of U.S. residents hold a favorable view of the Jewish state.

Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi also was scheduled to speak

LOL! Great Subject, Jabo! It's a much more accurate title than the original. :-)

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
I'm not as hard on AIPAC as Chaim is because I believe that the young, secular Jews who support it and attend its conferences are simply looking for a venue to 'support' Israel. To them, AIPAC is the only one. They differ from the selfish elite of the organization who are in it simply for the money and who know that they are harming Israel.

There is hope for AIPAC's secular youth who populate our college campuses; it's called JTF. They can one day be the new Young Americans for Freedom. Even though YAF was led by the Jew-hater William Buckley, its influence propelled the likes of conservative icon Barry Goldwater through the ranks of the Republican party- and subsequently Ronald Reagan to the governorship of California.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 05:07:11 PM by Jabo »

SoldierOfZion

I'm not as hard on AIPAC as Chaim is because I believe that the young, secular Jews who support it and attend its conferences are simply looking for a venue to 'support' Israel. They differ from the selfish elite of the organization who are in it simply for the money and who know that they are harming Israel.

There is hope for AIPAC's secular youth who populate our college campuses; it's called JTF. They can one day be the new Young Americans for Freedom. Even though YAF was led by the Jew-hater William Buckley, its influence propelled the likes of conservative hero Barry Goldwater through the ranks of the Republican party.

I agree 100%.

Din Rodef

AIPAC only serves to harm US/Israeli relations

Americans are sick of groups lobbying our government on behalf of foreign interests. We don't like CAIR, Saudi or Mexican lobbyists either.

Americans are capable of fully supporting Israel without our politicians being bought off by Jewish organizations.

What do American gentiles think when their elected vice president makes speeches about defending Israel and he won't even secure America's own border with Mexico? I'll tell you what most Americans think...SCREW CHENEY AND AIPAC

Offline genteelgentile

• Pro JTFer
  • Chaim Ben Pesach- Civil Rights Leader 4 The Ages
How is William Buckley a Jew hater??  I never heard or read that.  Not that I am an expert...
I LOVE dogs because muslims do not!!!!  Have your dog kiss a muslim today!

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
How is William Buckley a Jew hater??  I never heard or read that.  Not that I am an expert...

Chaim has alluded to William Buckley in this manner twice in the last few shows. I didn't know this about him either but apparently JTF doesn't think highly of the John Birch Society or Buckley for that matter.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
I don't know if William Buckley is an anti-semite or not.  His father definitely was, which Buckley freely admits. 

Buckley did fire writer Joseph Sobran for writing an anti-semitic article about about our government being in bed with the Jewish lobby.  Since then the National Review has been criticized by paleo conservatives for going neocon. 

As for Joseph Sobran, he's since then been involved with Holocaust denying organizations (although he did not go to the recent hatefest in Iran). 

Din Rodef

It doesn't matter.

If organizations like AIPAC didn't exist and Israel didn't depend on the US, then men like Buckley would have no influence over Jews and Jewish politics. No Jew would ever need to wonder whether he's an anti-Semite or not because he would have no influence on their future.

It is only because Jews continue to be entangled in Gentile politics that they have to worry about men like Buckley.

This is just one more reason that all Jews need to return to Israel and be independent of the Gentile nations. AIPAC only furthers Jewish dependency on Gentiles. AIPAC causes more harm than good.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
I'm not as hard on AIPAC as Chaim is because I believe that the young, secular Jews who support it and attend its conferences are simply looking for a venue to 'support' Israel. To them, AIPAC is the only one. They differ from the selfish elite of the organization who are in it simply for the money and who know that they are harming Israel.

There is hope for AIPAC's secular youth who populate our college campuses; it's called JTF. They can one day be the new Young Americans for Freedom. Even though YAF was led by the Jew-hater William Buckley, its influence propelled the likes of conservative icon Barry Goldwater through the ranks of the Republican party- and subsequently Ronald Reagan to the governorship of California.

What do you mean AIPAC does what they do just for money?  AIPAC receives a lot of donations from Jews who don't know any better of where else to send donations?