Author Topic: WHY IS THIS BEING SHOWN ON MTV???  (Read 1633 times)

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
WHY IS THIS BEING SHOWN ON MTV???
« on: January 07, 2009, 07:23:17 PM »
Someone just sent me this, they said it is being shown on MTV, I dont watch MTV or have access to it, perhaps someone here could confirm/deny it?

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Re: WHY IS THIS BEING SHOWN ON MTV???
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 07:29:35 PM »
I really don't watch that channel so I could not tell

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 07:31:55 PM »
I dont watch anymore, but months ago I remember watching that comercial (the first one).
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 07:56:48 PM »
Ayn Rand was right about a lot of things. Why not this?
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 08:22:44 PM »
Please explain what this video portrays. I don't click on video links without knowing what it links to.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 08:23:24 PM »
Please explain what this video portrays. I don't click on video links without knowing what it links to.

Something to do with people in a train then they were screaming

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 09:23:18 PM »

It portrays a Marshal Law scenario in which everyday people are forcefully detained by state militia, with a quote at the end saying "The Holocaust happened to people like us".

The point of the commercial (what I perceive it as) seems to be that we live in a tyrannical police state and need to do something about it before it's too late.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 11:50:51 PM »
I thought maybe the videos were to remind the younger generation to empathize with people that suffered and died in the Holocaust, they're not just things written in books, that it happened to actual human beings, like us today. Maybe it's also supposed to remind them to prevent anything like that from happening again.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 12:20:34 AM »

oops, Sorry...

IT shows a family at home, the front door gets crashed in and guys welding guns, dressed like a SWAT team takes them all outside and put them in a truck and then it switches to a truck just like the war and the picture is of Jews being taken away....

I cant remember what was said on there, now...

The entire thing is kind of freaky....if you ask me....

Are they trying to brainwash the kids? or what?

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 12:40:33 AM »

oops, Sorry...

IT shows a family at home, the front door gets crashed in and guys welding guns, dressed like a SWAT team takes them all outside and put them in a truck and then it switches to a truck just like the war and the picture is of Jews being taken away....

I cant remember what was said on there, now...

The entire thing is kind of freaky....if you ask me....

Are they trying to brainwash the kids? or what?

I have no idea what they are doing on MTV. The only time I ever watched it was in my 20's back in the mid 80s and early 90s. I actually was one of the first people on my block to get cable back in those days and I remember the proto-years of MTV. I know they have gone way overboard promoting sex, drugs, and rock and roll and 'get out the liberal vote' campaigns.

I think that the commercial is something from the left wing think-tanks. During the recent Bush years the youngsters have been worried about phone taps and communication industry working with the intelligence agencies. It is true that they are listening. We know this by what India has released concerning the Mumbai terrorist attack. They have transcripts of all phone calls made by the terrorists, including calls made on cell phones owned by hostages.

I for one am proud that we have the technology which should be used to prevent these kinds of attacks. The problem is that the technology can be misused when in the wrong hands. In the world we live in today, with nuclear and chemical weapons, and unstable nations attempting to develop such weapons, we must act intelligently. I have always supported the rights of privacy. But in some cases privacy may be infringed if the well-being of the population is at stake.

I dont know what that video is about and I will not allow it to pollute my brain. Thank you for explaining what the video contains. I hope that they were not just using Jews to demonstrate some general idea of Holocaust.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 12:48:50 AM »
Ok. I dont watch MTV either (since the 80s) I dont want my brain polluted either...

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 01:00:17 AM »
What are they suggesting by showing that?? I think it is really wierd that a leftitst station that shows Rap would show that.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2009, 01:10:37 AM »
Well, according to a news report I read from IsraelNationalNews 82% of Israeli youths think another Holocaust could happen.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/129251

82% of the Youth: Another Holocaust is Possible
Tevet 10, 5769, 06 January 09 11:11
by Hillel Fendel

(IsraelNN.com) A poll of teenagers, students and soldiers conducted in 2008 by the Massuah Institute for the Study of the Holocaust finds that 82% of Israel’s youth believe another Holocaust can occur.

More significantly, however, the poll found that the youth viewed Holocaust survivors more with pity than with admiration.  Massuah Director Aya Ben-Naftali says this was likely the result of the much-publicized struggle for State support for the survivors, and "we are awaiting the results of this year's poll," which is to be released this month in honor of the upcoming International Holocaust Day, on January 27.

The poll encompassed 536 respondents: 370 junior and high school students from around the country, religious and not, as well as 85 students of education and 86 IDF soldiers and officers.

Nearly three-quarters of the junior and high school students said they agree with this statement: “Most of the Holocaust survivors in Israel are helpless, and their voice in society is not heard.”  Among the older respondents, more than 70% did not agree.

Only 26% of the younger respondents agreed that “most of the Holocaust survivors rebuilt their lives and made important contributions in industry, research, defense, society and culture to the State of Israel.”

Ben-Naftali was disappointed with these results: “The media publicization of the just struggle for State support of the survivors has gravely affected their image in the eyes of today’s youth.  The admiration for their great wealthspring of strength and courage that allowed them to survive the horrors and rebuild their lives, has been replaced of late by an attitude of compassion and pity. The youth are not aware of the survivors’ great contributions to the establishment and growth of the State of Israel in the various disciplines of life.”

Source for Information
Asked where they get their Holocaust knowledge and information from, only 12% credited their schools’ mandatory Holocaust studies.  Nearly 20% said it was from movies, while 40% see the March of the Living delegations to Poland as a “central factor” in Holocaust studies (54% of the youth, and 26% of the students and soldiers).

More than 90% said Israel should lead efforts against the genocide in Darfur, while 98% of the respondents agreed that any society could perpetrate a Holocaust. Asked if they feel Israeli society is racist, 39% said yes.

“Israeli youth today do not relate to the Holocaust merely as a historic event,” Ben-Naftali said, “but also as a topic with ramifications for our lives today. They feel that any society can perpetrate a Holocaust.”

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2009, 01:21:18 AM »
link?

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2009, 01:31:02 AM »

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2009, 01:36:54 AM »

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2009, 10:26:24 AM »
Yes, it is in the first post.....at the bottom there... 8)
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2009, 12:13:03 PM »
I thought maybe the videos were to remind the younger generation to empathize with people that suffered and died in the Holocaust, they're not just things written in books, that it happened to actual human beings, like us today. Maybe it's also supposed to remind them to prevent anything like that from happening again.

exactly...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2009, 04:45:11 PM »

exactly...

ok, well thats good, then....

someone had sent this to me, asking the same question...
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל