Author Topic: Why we should not use the K-word on JTF  (Read 2797 times)

Online Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Why we should not use the K-word on JTF
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2009, 02:30:10 PM »
1. I don't hate anyone, not even the Nazis.

2. Traitors should be removed from siciety.

3. How about giving them a heads up ? As for traitors (in your term Mosrim veMalshinim) I think as a religious man you daven for their destruction every day.

I am not religious and I am not pretending to be a halachic scholar. Everything I said represents my own views and not my interpretation to Judaism.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2009, 02:34:33 PM »

3. How about giving them a heads up ? As for traitors (in your term Mosrim veMalshinim) I think as a religious man you daven for their destruction every day.

I am not religious and I am not pretending to be a halachic scholar. Everything I said represents my own views and not my interpretation to Judaism.

I do daven that all enemies of Israel be removed from the world. But what I am pointing out that calling Jews {who are born Jewish but have gone off the path} this name does nothing but hurt yourself. Your rebuke is not heard by the offender {the bad Jew} and the word only inspires hatred.

What I said in my initial post is that if we want to rebuke those 'bad' Jews we should find a way to say so without pushing so many away. I don't think using Nazi ideas is kosher for Jews. Saying things like 'soap Jews' and "Kike" only make us seem more like our tormentors than righteous Jews.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2009, 02:57:35 PM »
While I don't see any wrong doing in labeling certain people with their appropriate titles, it is not my intention to raise arguments and misunderstandings with so many innocent people. For this practical I hardly ever use the Kike word. I don't recall ever using the term soap material (exclusive this thread), but I am waiting for the right opportunity to present itself.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2009, 03:58:37 PM »

indeed we do daven for the destruction of heretics..  traitors..

it's quite normal to love what G-d loves and hate what G-d hates.  I'm sure some rabbis will say not to hate anyone, but I doubt they are correct, and I don't think they are using purely old school classical jewish sources of tenach and talmud.

i'm sure that chaim would agree we should hate our enemies.

Still, you shouldn't be using the phrase "soap jews" because many Good Jews were "soap jews" - they were turned into soap.   So the phrase implies that they are soap jews, whether you mean it or not. That is what it implies

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2009, 04:08:35 PM »
My view is this: I have no problem with true defenders of Jews using "kike" in private, <snip>

I should point out, that apart from Chaim(who -used- to), and a few JTFers that have(had) copied him,  nobody uses it.  That's why the word has kicked up such a fuss. It's not like the N word where blacks use it on themselves and don't want whites to use it.  Jews don't use the K word at all.

We normally just say jewish leftist, and we know -all- of what that implies.(often when they are jewish we know anyway and just say leftist). It gets tiring talking to people that keep replacing words like that.. But this is a very strange crowd here.

In this funny crowd, perhaps leftist traitor or leftist self hating jewish traitor or something , would work.  It's certainly better than some of the words people have been using.

Offline Zevida

• Full JTFer
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2009, 04:40:54 PM »
I dislike seeing the word posted on this forum.  In any form, it is offensive to me.   
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. (Ps 137)

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2009, 05:32:28 PM »
Piss em off by showing unity, traitors hate that
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2009, 05:51:50 PM »
Piss em off by showing unity, traitors hate that

Unity in righteousness. I agree!

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14