Author Topic: Joe the plumber in Israel  (Read 1029 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Joe the plumber in Israel
« on: January 07, 2009, 12:39:19 PM »
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3652469,00.html

Joe the Plumber to report on Gaza op from Israel

Published:    01.07.09, 19:55 / Israel News

Joe the Plumber, who became famous during the US presidential campaign after asking Barack Obama about his tax plan, is heading to Israel as a war correspondent for a conservative Web site called pjtv.com.

Samuel "Joe" Wurzelbacher says he'll spend 10 days covering the fighting and explaining why Israeli forces are mounting attacks against Hamas. He tells WNWO-TV in Toledo that he wants "go over there and let their 'Average Joes' share their story." (AP)

http://www.pjtv.com/
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
Re: Joe the plumber in Israel
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 11:30:09 PM »
I heard him on an interview.  He was complaining about the unfair press against Israel.  He said he wants to go there to defend the Israelis.  (or something like that)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 12:04:19 AM »
So now the plumber is an journalist. I really think this guy is looking to extend his 15 minutes of fame. He was an expert Economist who could challenge Obamas tax plan and now he wants to go to Israel. I am a bit sceptical.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 12:13:40 AM »
So now the plumber is an journalist. I really think this guy is looking to extend his 15 minutes of fame. He was an expert Economist who could challenge Obamas tax plan and now he wants to go to Israel. I am a bit sceptical.

make sure you buy his country music album when it comes out.

Offline Zionist Revolutionary

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 02:32:03 AM »

He was just some guy who walked up to Obama on his campaign trail, and he asked him tough questions. The media attacked him for it, and he became something of a celebrity because of all the attention he recieved plus the McCain campaign using him. Now he's doing what he can to make a living and then some.

He's proven to be a better journalist than most in the msm with his questions for Obama, he could have a talent for getting to the bottom of things.

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 06:28:24 AM »
I am over Joe The Plumber.  Let the goofs at FOX news waste time talking about him.  I agree with Muman that this guy is just a glory hound.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 06:47:10 AM »

Hey whatever works, the guy's making an honest living. He's an okay guy. Much better than those leftist American and Israel hating "journalists" out there.
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 06:52:06 AM »

Hey whatever works, the guy's making an honest living. He's an okay guy. Much better than those leftist American and Israel hating "journalists" out there.
True he is well spoken as well
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 11:20:40 AM »
G-d bless him and I wish him success if he supports Israel and tries to tell the truth.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 12:12:36 PM »
If he's supporting Israel why attack him? He's likely going over there to help Israel get some good media coverage for once. He's using his celebrity for good, which is very rare these days.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 12:14:43 PM »
CNN was making fun of him today.

Don't think it is so smart to look for attention and keep changing professions..Joe the Plumber just do his thing quietly until he finds his place successfully.  Otherwise, he comes off to be just another person trying to extend his 15 minutes of fame.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 03:23:02 PM »
I have nothing against the guy.  He is probally a descent man, no doubt. 

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2009, 04:11:13 PM »

Muman, why go against a guy that wants to support Israel in the media? I think he's doing a great thing by going over there..

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2009, 04:35:44 PM »
I respect his efforts. How can you not?
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2009, 04:40:03 PM »
Never forget what fame can do to a person.  I remember when Rush Limbaugh was starting out as a national host.  He was back then a true fighter of the conservative cause.  Today he is a total megalomaniac.  Maybe Joe will just keep low and follow his heart.  If he starts plugging a newsletter and starts boasting about his golf game, then I'll just tune him out.