General Category > General Discussion

Financier Madoff stays in penthouse, avoids jail

<< < (2/2)

cjd:

--- Quote from: xoce on January 12, 2009, 07:18:59 PM ---I do not know much about Madoff, but frankly if he did not put a gun to anybody's head and force them to participate in his scheme, then I do NOT care if people were defrauded.
Maybe they will think twice before signing on to something which promises them they'll "get rich quick."
A fool and his money are soon parted. :P

--- End quote ---
True it was the allure of big returns (greed) that made people blindly invest with Madoff. I really don't care for Donald Trump but he remarked in an interview that he was asked to invest with Madoff several times but Madoff would never send him any prospectus on the investments. Trump claims he won't invest in blind situations like that. As much as I don't care for Trump I have to admire that sort of business smarts.

SavetheWest:
Madoff isn't going to run anywhere...he's too old.  I think he's taking the heat for the rest of his family.  The older guy who's at the end of his life going to jail is better than his kids or inlaws. This was probably a family decision before the kids came forward. They saw there was no way out and they had to have someone jump under the bus.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version