Author Topic: What is your opinion of Ronald Reagan?  (Read 1729 times)

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
What is your opinion of Ronald Reagan?
« on: February 01, 2009, 06:40:56 PM »
Was he really a great champion of the conservative cause or just another Republican poser.  What are your thoughts?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: What is your opinion of Ronald Reagan?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 06:43:13 PM »
The amnesty thing was pure stupidity. I will give him some credit though, he was probably the best president in modern times.

Offline spiritus_persona

• Pro JTFer
  • Say NO to Dhimmitude
    • Cultural Jihadist (Warning!  May contain harsh language!)
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 06:59:55 PM »
I like him, he's a good guy.  A sigh of relief from Carter.
Me: Muslims get offended too easily.
Muslim: What!?  That is an outrage!  Take that back or I kill you!

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 07:01:13 PM »
We sure could use him today.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 07:22:40 PM »
Considering he lynched Jonathan Pollard in order to appease his Saudi friends and Fag Buchanus, paid homage to the SS at the Bitburg cemetery for Nazis, put Chaim in jail for six years, sold white South Africa down the river, created our nation's first (and so far only) amnesty for illegals, and presided over the outsourcing of millions of our jobs to Communist China, my opinion of him isn't so high.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 07:39:53 PM »
Considering he lynched Jonathan Pollard in order to appease his Saudi friends and Fag Buchanus, paid homage to the SS at the Bitburg cemetery for Nazis, put Chaim in jail for six years, sold white South Africa down the river, created our nation's first (and so far only) amnesty for illegals, and presided over the outsourcing of millions of our jobs to Communist China, my opinion of him isn't so high.

You make some excellent points there C.F. I just wish that we could get a true conservative. I hope if Sarah Palin gets in she won't disappoint us.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 07:48:51 PM »
She is a real born-again Christian, so I think she will not disappoint. She refused to back down on her principled stance against all abortion, for instance, even though it is unpopular.

Offline JewishAmericanPatriot

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 08:09:33 PM »

YES!!!  :'(

In fact this past week my younger daughter read a book about President Reagan, and she had left it in the car.

I was looking through it while waiting for my husband to get out of a store, and I just burst into tears!

HOW FAR we as a nation have fallen , that we could go from President Reagan in 1980 to this....USURPER mulatto in 2008!

I worked on President Reagan's campaign in 1980; he was the first President I ever voted for.

Those were HAPPY times for me, in so many ways.
JOIN THE ANTI-OBAMA RESISTANCE!

America's Last Stand: http://americaslaststand.angelfire.com

SAVAGE INGRATITUDE: http://www.savageingratitude.com

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2009, 09:06:17 PM »

YES!!!  :'(

In fact this past week my younger daughter read a book about President Reagan, and she had left it in the car.

I was looking through it while waiting for my husband to get out of a store, and I just burst into tears!

HOW FAR we as a nation have fallen , that we could go from President Reagan in 1980 to this....USURPER mulatto in 2008!

I worked on President Reagan's campaign in 1980; he was the first President I ever voted for.

Those were HAPPY times for me, in so many ways.

Me too... Reagan was the 1st president I voted for back in 1984. I am proud to have voted for him because Carter lead America into the sewer. Reagan was able to take on the red threat and get the economy out of the doldrums of the early 80s. I also worked on the Star Wars programs and so I ended up better off than most in those tough times.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2009, 09:44:47 PM »
Reagan was preferable to Jimmy-hat Farter but not by as much as most of us think and tell ourselves.

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2009, 10:06:37 PM »
But, can you name a President better then him from the 60s on?
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2009, 11:38:20 PM »
C.F., have you ever considered trolling Fag Buchanus' blog?  That would be hillarious. 

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2009, 11:40:12 PM »
I tried signing up for TAC last fall and I recall that I couldn't get into it.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2009, 11:43:37 PM »
Not the worst is not the same thing as good. Reagan did a lot of evil things in his life and G-d judged him with an awful slow death from Alzheimer's.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2009, 12:07:23 AM »
Not the worst is not the same thing as good. Reagan did a lot of evil things in his life and G-d judged him with an awful slow death from Alzheimer's.

Alzheimers disease afflicts righteous people too. I know some people who have been affected by it. It is wrong to blame it on whether or not a person is evil or not. I do not think that Reagan was evil and I think he saved this country from almost certain defeat against a Soviet Union which was poised to take over the civilized world.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2009, 12:19:48 AM »
He was the best president in the 20th century, but that isn't saying much.  He wasn't afraid to call evil evil (can you picture Obama doing that?), and he was hated for it by the Left.  The AIDS problem got out of control during his administration, which was unfortunate.  We're spending billions on it now when a few hundred million back in 1984 could have nipped the problem in the bud.  He wasn't really great for Israel, not that I can think of any president who has been better.  Overall, he had a good fiscal policy and consequently Americans enjoyed an economy during his presidency that they can only dream about today.

Offline JewishAmericanPatriot

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2009, 06:09:53 PM »

My grandmother also died a slow death complicated by Alzheimer's.

What did she do to deserve that?
JOIN THE ANTI-OBAMA RESISTANCE!

America's Last Stand: http://americaslaststand.angelfire.com

SAVAGE INGRATITUDE: http://www.savageingratitude.com

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2009, 06:21:57 PM »
He was the best president in the 20th century, but that isn't saying much.  He wasn't afraid to call evil evil (can you picture Obama doing that?), and he was hated for it by the Left.  The AIDS problem got out of control during his administration, which was unfortunate.  We're spending billions on it now when a few hundred million back in 1984 could have nipped the problem in the bud.  He wasn't really great for Israel, not that I can think of any president who has been better.  Overall, he had a good fiscal policy and consequently Americans enjoyed an economy during his presidency that they can only dream about today.

Hi Zachor, I loved Ronald. he was the first President I voted for. Ronald showed the World that Iran would be off the map if the hostages were not let loose.
Iran knew he meant business so the hostages were released. Barack Hussien Obama is the opposite of Ronald Reagan, he is going to bend over backwards for terrorist's.
May G-d help us, we are going to need it badly!

Shalom - Dox

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2009, 08:33:59 PM »

My grandmother also died a slow death complicated by Alzheimer's.

What did she do to deserve that?

My father suffers with Alzheimer's.  I would not wish it on anyone.

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2009, 09:07:46 PM »
He was a conservative Democrat turned Republican.
He was a good President - who made some bad decisions.
I was a teenager while he was president.

Reagan didn't put Chaim in jail.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2009, 09:20:18 PM »
Reagan didn't put Chaim in jail.
He certainly put Jonathan Pollard in jail.