Author Topic: Ewwww - Rabbis performing at Obama idol inaugeration  (Read 1026 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Ewwww - Rabbis performing at Obama idol inaugeration
« on: January 20, 2009, 12:00:16 AM »
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/129499

Rabbis to Pray for Obama at Inauguration Events
Tevet 23, 5769, 19 January 09 04:22
by Malkah Fleisher

(IsraelNN.com) Among approximately 20 clergy who have been invited to participate in the inauguration events for President-elect Barack H. Obama on Tuesday and Wednesday, three rabbis have been included, representing Reform, Conservative, and Orthodox Jews in America.

Orthodox Rabbi Haskel Lookstein, Conservative Rabbi Jerome Epstein, and Reform Rabbi David Saperstein will take part in the National Prayer Service on Wednesday, January 21, in a practice dating back to the inauguration of President George Washington. It will be held at the National Cathedral at the conclusion of the inaugural activities.

The service will include scriptural readings, prayers, hymns and blessings delivered by religious leaders from across the United States.

Rabbi Haskel Lookstein, who was the long-standing principal of the elite Ramaz Jewish day school in Manhattan, and is the rabbi of Congregation Kehilath Jeshurun, will recite a prayer at Obama's inauguration ceremony.  Rabbi Lookstein, who has a long history of activism, traveled to Russia four times to meet with refuseniks and activists during the 1970s and ’80s when Jews were forbidden to live as Jews and prohibited from leaving the country. He was also vocally opposed to participation in the 2008 Beijing Olympics, citing China's poor record on human rights.

Rabbi Jerome Epstein, Executive Vice-President of The United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism, will also recite a prayer as part of the National Prayer Service. Rabbi Epstein has advocated within the Conservative movement for greater inclusion of families with one Jewish parent or mixed religious affiliation.  In 2003, Epstein co-signed a public cross-denominational statement in support of Aliyah to Israel.  He has also publicly advocated for the presidential pardon of Jonathan Pollard, signing a joint letter with Raymond Goldstein, the Conservative movement's president, to President George W. Bush in December.

Rabbi David Saperstein, who delivered the invocation at the Democratic National Convention's final session before Senator Barack Obama accepted the party's nomination for president, will recite a psalm at the ceremony.  As well as being on the board for the NAACP and the homosexual advocacy group People for the American Way, Rabbi Saperstein has served as the director and chief legal counsel at the Union for Reform Judaism's Religious Action Center for more than 30 years.

If inclement weather does not thwart the travel plans of many inauguration attendees, organizers are expecting approximately two million people to attend Washington's various inauguration events.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Ewwww - Rabbis performing at Obama idol inaugeration
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 12:04:23 AM »
I just noticed that all Rabbis have 'stein' in their name...

Im surprised they didn't ask Rabbi Frankenstein...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline ChaimBenMordechai

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 02:08:57 AM »
I just noticed that all Rabbis have 'stein' in their name...

Im surprised they didn't ask Rabbi Frankenstein...

All liberal self-haters, no doubt...

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 02:11:44 AM »
These "rabbis" are Baal priests.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 02:29:00 AM »
Worth mentioning, there's nothing wrong with the name Stein, or having it in the surname .  It implies nothing about the person's politics.

Infact, rabbi kahane once used the name Stein in an example.. saying something like.. The Bronstein's(or some other name) run the media, and the Stein's suffer.  It was put to him that jews run the media..  I can't remember what name he gave for those establishment ones.. But Stein is just a regular name, as is Epstein or other forms of it. 

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 03:58:06 AM »
The modern Judenrat.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 12:16:41 AM »
muman is misleading again..

"Rabbi Jerome Epstein, Executive Vice-President of The United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism"

so at least some of these people are not rabbis at all.. they are rabbis as much as the man next door. They don't have proper smicha.
They don't believe in G-d and  the Torah , it's not even a religion, they call it a movement.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 12:30:24 AM »

"Rabbi Jerome Epstein, Executive Vice-President of The United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism"

so at least some of these people are not rabbis at all.. they are rabbis as much as the man next door. They don't have proper smicha.
They don't believe in G-d and  the Torah , it's not even a religion, they call it a movement.

q_q_,

I simply quoted what A7 news reported. Whether they included 'rabbis' or not is only an issue to you. I don't hear anyone else complaining.

BTW my friend has a Rabbi who lives next door.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 12:33:25 AM »
Worth mentioning, there's nothing wrong with the name Stein, or having it in the surname .  It implies nothing about the person's politics.

Infact, rabbi kahane once used the name Stein in an example.. saying something like.. The Bronstein's(or some other name) run the media, and the Stein's suffer.  It was put to him that jews run the media..  I can't remember what name he gave for those establishment ones.. But Stein is just a regular name, as is Epstein or other forms of it. 

q_q_,

The fact that all three are 'Steins' is my point. I could care less if it was 'Berg' or 'man' {as in Goldman, Beckman, Melman, etc.}

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2009, 01:15:07 AM »

q_q_,

I simply quoted what A7 news reported. Whether they included 'rabbis' or not is only an issue to you. I don't hear anyone else complaining.

Others don't complain because most people here aren't jewish
those that are and religious would notice if they read it, but may not pay much attention to your posts..  Or they don't bother

Your post is actually a slur against rabbis.

If you posted it, then you should have read it, and not just copied the same subject.   You did amend it, you added Ewwwwwwwww to it and something about idols, because that happens to be the thing you have been pasting about this week.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 01:21:27 AM by q_q_ »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2009, 02:48:19 AM »

q_q_,

Others don't complain because most people here aren't jewish
those that are and religious would notice if they read it, but may not pay much attention to your posts..  Or they don't bother

Your post is actually a slur against rabbis.

If you posted it, then you should have read it, and not just copied the same subject.   You did amend it, you added Ewwwwwwwww to it and something about idols, because that happens to be the thing you have been pasting about this week.

Yes, and I am not the only one who seems to think the media and others are idolizing Obama. It is a shame that these Rabbis would be blessing a president who just could be the one to turn his back on Israel.

I do agree that the reform and conservative 'rabbis' would be expected to bless Obama but there are few Orthodox rabbis I know who openly supported Obama. Even my democrat Orthodox Rabbi said he would not vote for Obama.

There is nothing in my post which slurs all Rabbis. I do respect Rabbis who speak the truth and support their positions with Torah wisdom.

Regarding whether people pay attention to my posts, it seems that several people have commented that they like my postings and it doesn't really bother me that you don't.