Author Topic: Chemistry for Hippies  (Read 1005 times)

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
Chemistry for Hippies
« on: February 08, 2009, 12:28:47 AM »
What I find amazing is that these environmental hippies take all sorts of liberal arts courses, but can't pass their science classes.

Here are some questions for hippies:

The global warming hippie: What percentage of the atmosphere is composed of Carbon Dioxide? Which element composes the bulk of the air that we breath?

The anti - clean coal hippie: What is the primary element that coal is composed of? What types of bonds does it form with Oxygen? How many Oxygen atoms can bind to it?

The acid rain hippie: What is the normal pH of water? What pH would make it acid rain? What would be the pH of normal rain if there were no cars and factories to pollute our air?

Feel free to add your own Chemistry and Physics questions. It would be fun to ask these on the street.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Chemistry for Hippies
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 03:35:59 PM »
Hmmmmmm never thought of it that way despite the fact I never took a course in chemistry due to the fact that my high school was Mexicanified if you know what I mean and we were pretty much left with Mickey Mouse classes due to it.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt