Author Topic: UN: Arab World Faces Major Food Crisis  (Read 469 times)

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
UN: Arab World Faces Major Food Crisis
« on: January 22, 2009, 12:02:55 PM »
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/129506

UN: Arab World Faces Major Food Crisis

by Malkah Fleisher

(IsraelNN.com) If Arab countries do not begin to tackle agricultural deterioration, they will face a major food crisis, according to the UN Food and Agriculture Organizations's (FAO) Director-General Jacques Diouf.

Speaking at a seminar about "Arab Food Security and Agriculture Policies," experts noted that Arab agricultural lands are declining, due to drought, desertification, and water shortage, according to the Kuwait News Agency.  Diouf said that over 40 percent of those suffering from hunger throughout the world live in Arab countries – 31 million out of 75 million.

Diouf said Arab countries were importing 50 percent of all of their food, with food production in Arab countries hovering at a meager 3 percent.  Arab countries have been advised to increase their agricultural production from two to five percent in order to meet growing food demands.

The President of the International Fund for Agricultural Development, Lennart Bage, stated that his organization would work to solve the lack by promoting agriculture in the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip.

Israeli agriculture makes up just 2.5% of Israel's Gross Domestic Product (GDP), but accounts for a whopping 95% of Israel's food requirements.

Wow, Chaim was really correct. Without the oil revenues, the Muslims would starve to death. Perhaps even with the oil revenues, they may starve to death.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline Sentinel For Truth

• Pro JTFer
Re: UN: Arab World Faces Major Food Crisis
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 01:10:40 PM »
Wow, Chaim was really correct. Without the oil revenues, the Muslims would starve to death. Perhaps even with the oil revenues, they may starve to death.

The only thing muslim nazis are capable of growing is homegrown terror.  Without the western world, they would have had no food and therefore no population boom.  I guess that means they all need to move to Europe and the U.S. in order to feed their 10 children per family, on welfare and for free.

Why else do you think the Emirates and Dubai are ordering all those dozens of Airbus and Boeing airplanes capable of carrying 500+ people per flight? 

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 02:43:19 PM »
Imagine, due to such scarcity of food they had invaded ancient rich India.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Fortis

• Full JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 04:02:47 PM »
Why are they so poor at producing food?  :o

If Israel imports all her oil and produces 95% of her food, what is stopping the Arab nations from producing most of their food?

Are we talking culture, genetics, or the condition of their land here? :S

I would love an objective answer to the question.

Yes, energy independence would screw the Arab world.

So would trading our food for their oil (talking about Britain here) but our 'leaders' do not have the motivation to do that... :-/