Author Topic: What a day: yesterday my aunt was diagnosed with breast cancer & my friend died.  (Read 1266 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Well, yesterday was not a good day at all.

Basically got nothing done at work that I needed to, found out my aunt has breast cancer, on my mothers side. My grandmas sister also has breast cancer and shes got about 2 weeks to live.

On top of that, got a text message on my cell phone telling me one of my friends committed suicide out of depression on Saturday. What a day.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Sorry to hear that.
My prayers are with you and your family

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
Gosh Meir- I feel terrible about this! How sad. PLEASE take care. This is sad news.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
This is very sad.
Why do bad things happen to such great people?
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
My prayers and condolences W.I
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
WhiteIsraelite,

Chazak to you and your family. These are trying times and all I can advise is to be prepared for more.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
I just received an Email from Chabads AskMoses site which addresses some of questions we have when friends and loved ones pass on.

http://www.askmoses.com/en/article/587,2015841/Advice-for-the-friend-of-a-terminally-ill-individual.html

Advice for the friend of a terminally ill individual

Question:

My friend has lived for fifteen years with multiple sclerosis. She is currently in a hospice with kidney failure, and is receiving sustenance intravenously. The doctors say that she will die within a month. Do you have any words of comfort?

Answer:

My blessings for much strength and may your friend have a speedy recovery.

Doctors are authorized by G-d to heal. They are not empowered to predict the end of life. Life is in G-d’s hands, and we should always remember that, and trust Him.

I therefore suggest that you and she live with these two ideas in mind:

1) Live with the knowledge that G-d creates each of us, and has a purpose for us every moment that we live. Another moment of life means another opportunity to spend time with a loved one; another chance to do a mitzvah and thereby to create an eternal connection with the Creator. Live life and enjoy it every day. Live life and help make others enjoy it every day.

2) Live with the knowledge that G-d is watching over us, and He is all-powerful. No matter what the situation, we can always pray to Him for a complete and speedy recovery. In the words of our sages, “even if a razor-sharp sword is lying on the neck, do not despair.”

It would be advisable to ask for a special blessing and prayer by writing a letter to the Lubavitcher Rebbe at www.ohel.org.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!

Basically got nothing done at work that I needed to, found out my aunt has breast cancer, on my mothers side. My grandmas sister also has breast cancer and shes got about 2 weeks to live.

On top of that, got a text message on my cell phone telling me one of my friends committed suicide out of depression on Saturday. What a day.

I am sorry for your bad news and the loss of your friend. I hope you will get through this and my prayers are for your Aunt and Grandmothers sister.

Shalom - Dox 

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
My condolences, White Israelite.  May G-d bless you and keep you strong.  Now and always.

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
My prayers go out to you, your family and your friend's family.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
I am very sorry to hear this and I will be lifting up in prayer these two relatives with breast cancer.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
I will keep you in my prayers.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Wow!! That is a great deal of bad news to come in one day. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline 4International

• JTFer in Exile
  • Master JTFer

This is really extremely distressing news for us to hear, brother WhiteIsraelite.

But know that all of us great JTF'ers will be earnestly praying for you and your loved ones!!!

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
I'm so sorry, White Israelite.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
Sorry for your bad news. My prayers to your aunt.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Sometimes it's the hardest times in life when we need God the most. Don't forget to keep praying because that can be a source of strength for you.

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer

Yesterday I found out a close family friend of mine died from a brain tumor AND my stepdad was diagnosed with a brain tumor. ALL YESTERDAY. not 2 mention one of my best friends is getting divorced after being married less than a (gasp) month.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member

:'(

This is hard. It hits like a bullet.

Try to support the suffering and pray. Please never loose hope!
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani