Author Topic: Israel's right to exist  (Read 585 times)

Offline Minuteman

• Senior JTFer
Israel's right to exist
« on: January 25, 2009, 08:41:07 PM »
An alarming number of people are becoming more and more anti-Israel because of the media bias.  This is escpecially true in young people.  It says in the Bble "On the same day the Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying: 'To your descendants I have given this land..."' Genisis 15:18.  What disturbs me is how this quote from the Bibe is not convincing enough for those who are against Israel's very existence.  The major problem causing this is that young people are being taught not to be religious.  Being religious is looked at as weak, or not realistic, or not intelligent.  What is being repeated is that religion is the root cause of all human conflict and suffering.  So when people are taught that religion is bad, they stop being religious, and when they stop being religious, they stop following the commands of the Bible.  Many leftist refuse to accept what is said in the Bible as proof that Israel has a right to exist.  Why?  Because they do not believe in religion.  This is the new politically correct way to think.  Many people are now being taught that the Bible isn't really the word of God, but interpretations of Gods will written by men thousands of years ago.  Interpretations that can be mistaken.  This is also a politically correct way to think.  We are also taught that God has no place in government because not everyone accepts His very existence.  So the left is going to convince the world that Israel has no right to exist by trying to convince the world that God may not even exist and that the Bible is mistaken in many ways.  If people doubt the Bible and even God's existence, then when they are lied to about how Israel stole land from the Arabs, and have no right to be there, it will be easier for the world to believe it and accept it.  This is the left winged receipe for Israel's destruction.

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
Re: Israel's right to exist
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 09:05:51 PM »
The reason that people question the legitimacy of Israel's existence, is because they hate Jews!  That's the only reason.  That they are not religious may be part of the reason why they hate Jews and why they are not taught good values, but the bottom line is that they never question the existence of any other country, even countries that have less of a modern legal claim to existence.  They want the Jews dispersed among the nations because that is where they can hunt us down and kill us.  They won't admit this even to themselves, but it's the truth.  One who is not for Israel is for the annihilation of the Jewish people.

Let me add, because this is important, that there are some people also who are ignorant and not very bright.  For this much smaller group of people than the first category I described, they hate the existence of Israel because they are idiots who believe what they hear.  Some might argue that they need to be convinced.  Personally, I'm entirely finished justifying Israel's existence to anyone.  I find it undignified.  Don't worry about what the world thinks or says about Israel, because they will think and say it anyhow.

Jews and righteous Christians need to understand that they are better than the rest of all of those who question Israel's right to exist.  Be proud and strong and don't let the rest of them occupy even a second of your time with nonsense.

Offline Minuteman

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 09:26:41 PM »
You bring up some very good points.  There is no doubt that there are those who hate Jews and seek Israel's destruction out of pure hatred for the Jews.  I feel that the left is trying to get the new generation to hate Jews by not being that religious.  You see, any real Jew or Christian can not hate the Jews and be for Israel's destruction because it states it in the Bible that I will "Bless them that bless Me and curse them that curse Me."  The less religious people become, in my opinion, the more likely they will be to hate the Jews, and Christians also, thus supporting Israel's destruction.

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 10:00:20 PM »
Actually, it says "I will bless those you bless YOU, and those who curse you I will curse.  G-d was talking to Abraham, telling him how He was going to make Abraham the patriarch of a great nation.  Those who blessed the Jews would be blessed and those who cursed the Jews would be cursed.

By the way, history has proven this to be true.  The muslims have cursed the Jews and look how they live.  They have been cursed.  The day that the muslims bless the Jews will mark a turning point in their civilization.  Also, look at America.  America has blessed the Jews and has been rewarded with a very high standard of living.  The day that America turns its back on the Jews will mark a turning point also.