Author Topic: Chief Rabbinate of Israel cuts ties with Vatican over Holocaust bishop  (Read 2615 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Chief Rabbinate of Israel cuts ties with Vatican over Holocaust bishop
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2009, 12:47:03 AM »
I have received some mails inviting me to sign a protest petition about this issue, but I have refused. First of all, the excomunication of Williamson and the other ones was decreed due to INVALID consecration. They were indulted of THAT fault, not indulted of their anitSemitism. There are antiSemites in all religions, even some Jews are antiSemites and there has been no Cherem on them.
But I have another reason not to protest against the Pope. While I do recognise the Vatican City as a State and Ratzinger as its legitimate Head of State on that tiny land, I do not regard him as a valid moral authority on any issue. Catholics teach that non-Baptised people, even children deserve and will have eternal burning in Hell. Why should I ask him for a moral condemnation of an antiSemite Bishop? Wouldn't it imply that I recognise him some moral authority?

It is always best to rebuke them and if they decide to do evil it is because of their freewill. There should be protest about it. To sit back and say nothing is just as bad as doing the evil.

Also it doesnt matter what the original reason of their excommunication was, the fact that they are going to be recognized by the church which was supposed to have been making inroads in peace with the other religions only proves hypocrisy. I hope that people will wake up to this issue and prevent it from occuring. Maybe in the long run it will just cause a greater schism in the church and rip it apart.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2009, 01:30:07 AM »
It is always best to rebuke them and if they decide to do evil it is because of their freewill. There should be protest about it. To sit back and say nothing is just as bad as doing the evil.

Muman, if I signed a condemnation to Hamas for having aimed rockets to Israel ON CHANUKAH.... would it be a good or a bad protest? Surely bad!!!! It would imply that's it's ok to attack on other days!!!!

If I sign a protest to the Pope for possibly condoning that Bishop and keep silent about the fact that Ratzinger believes non Catholics deserve eternal burning and many other intolerant beliefs and teachings, I would be implying that the rest is ok.

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2009, 02:54:30 AM »
I just read through this thread from top to bottom.  I'm glad you banned Marco.  All I kept thinking was "this guy is a classic anti-semite."  I saw one of those Bishops on TV today (on tape) denying the Holocaust.  And Marco would not expect Jews to be furious with the Pope over this?  How ridiculous.

Offline Sentinel For Truth

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2009, 03:56:16 AM »
It is clear that Ratzinger is a nazi just as Obongoid is a muslim.  None of this should surprise any JTFer. 

Israel needs to distance itself from these creatures and be alone and separate from both of these vessels of evil.

Offline ChaimBenMordechai

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2009, 04:37:12 PM »
I believe that the Nazi leader of Croatia during WW2 was a Catholic priest..Father Tiso.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2009, 04:39:56 PM »
I believe that the Nazi leader of Croatia during WW2 was a Catholic priest..Father Tiso.

You mean Jozef Tiso?
He was not Croatian he was from Czechoslovakia
The Nazi leader of Croatia was Ante Pavelic