Author Topic: Just Got An Email, From Someone I Don't Know, But It's Happy News!  (Read 464 times)

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
Someone I don't know, mixed me up with some other person out there, who is also named Daniel, he must have mistyped the email address, and he sent me an email meant for that other Daniel. Okay so this is totally random, from a total stranger, and it's very good news. Thought I'd share.

Here's the email I got...

Subject: Shalom

Hey Daniel
Trying to leave, but they say i have to fill out new forms for Aliya and go through the process again.
just redid my paperwork this morning,
what is going on with you?
what was it like in Sderot?
Best
Bruce

Here's my reply...

Hello Bruce,

You've emailed the wrong Daniel, I've never been to Sderot, and I've never been to Israel.
Check that you have the right email address, and resend your email so that the Daniel you intended gets your message.

Good luck with the Aliya,

Mazel tov!

Regards,
Daniel

A fellow Jew, making aliya, contacts me at random, what are the odds?
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
Re: Just Got An Email, From Someone I Don't Know, But It's Happy News!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 08:10:40 PM »
You should have invited him here, perhaps?

Regarding the odds:  I don't know what the odds would be.  But let's suppose that your name is Daniel Levine.  And let's suppose your email address is dlevine@yahoo.  Now, if that's the case, then I would say that the odds would be high that you would get such an email.

Now let's suppose that your name is Daniel Cocomaxilatifis.  And let's suppose that your email address is [email protected].  Then, in this instance, I would say the odds would be very low.

Offline Dnew

• Junior JTFer
Re: Just Got An Email, From Someone I Don\'t Know, But It\'s Happy News!
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 08:14:35 PM »
This is great news.
We should all do Aliya
May Hashem bless him.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Just Got An Email, From Someone I Don't Know, But It's Happy News!
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 08:14:49 PM »
I like your analysis of the probabilities, the email address is just my name plus a 3 digit number danxxx @someemailcompany.com. So I imagine it is close to your second scenario.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 08:29:01 PM by New Yorker »
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.