Author Topic: China to build Mecca rail system  (Read 3409 times)

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
China to build Mecca rail system
« on: February 13, 2009, 01:25:20 AM »
China has signed an agreement with Saudi Arabia to build a new railway system linking the main sites of the annual Muslim pilgrimage, the Hajj.

The new railway will connect the city of Mecca with the pilgrim destinations of Mina, Arafat and Muzdalifah.

Saudi Arabia also plans to build a high-speed rail link to take pilgrims from Mecca to Medina, Islam's two holiest cities, in 30 minutes.

The journey time by road can take anywhere between four and five hours.

Millions of Islamic faithful descend on Mecca during the annual mass pilgrimage.

The new network in Saudi Arabia is expected to be ready within three years, with one section of the line due to be completed in time for the 2010 Hajj, officials said.

The contract, worth almost $1.8bn (?1.24bn), was awarded to the China Railway Company and a French firm.

The project was announced during a three-day visit by the Chinese President, Hu Jintao, to Saudi Arabia.

China is becoming a key contractor on infrastructure projects in the oil-rich kingdom.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7883182.stm

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: China to build Mecca rail system
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 02:32:08 AM »
China has signed an agreement with Saudi Arabia to build a new railway system linking the main sites of the annual Muslim pilgrimage, the Hajj.

The new railway will connect the city of Mecca with the pilgrim destinations of Mina, Arafat and Muzdalifah.

Saudi Arabia also plans to build a high-speed rail link to take pilgrims from Mecca to Medina, Islam's two holiest cities, in 30 minutes.

The journey time by road can take anywhere between four and five hours.

Millions of Islamic faithful descend on Mecca during the annual mass pilgrimage.

The new network in Saudi Arabia is expected to be ready within three years, with one section of the line due to be completed in time for the 2010 Hajj, officials said.

The contract, worth almost $1.8bn (?1.24bn), was awarded to the China Railway Company and a French firm.

The project was announced during a three-day visit by the Chinese President, Hu Jintao, to Saudi Arabia.

China is becoming a key contractor on infrastructure projects in the oil-rich kingdom.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7883182.stm

It is good that the Red Dragon Jin makes open friendship with the False Prophet Shashdhwaja, that it was supposed to make.

It is further good that they are to run a rail system in Mecca and Medina, as Muslamic bhooks say that before their end times, an unconventional large and long animal will start running very fast going sometimes over the rivers and mountains and sometimes under the rivers and mountains. It was named perhaps as Balbala.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 02:33:38 AM »
Talk about a deal with the devil. But both nations are the devil this time.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 03:32:39 AM »
At least the Saudi quranimals can't spent the money they invested in the railroad project in terrorism.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 05:32:41 AM »
I hope they use cheap parts and slave labor like in many of their products.
And I also hope it runs damn fast.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 05:42:42 AM »

He he he  :::D :::D
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline takebackourtemple

• Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 06:52:43 AM »
   It will take them 3 years. Something here in the US takes 30 if it is not scrapped after millions of tax dollars are wasted on environmental studies. Just look at the East Side Expansion and the second avenue subway line. Instead of actual construction, the funding was used to count trees and five people were required to do it each time.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline VforVendetta

• Full JTFer
  • Remember Remember, The 5th of November
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 08:01:16 AM »

Yes its true.
The big chinese cats will always look out for their own interests first, for example like selling weapons for russia and iran.

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 09:05:53 AM »

Yes its true.
The big chinese cats will always look out for their own interests first, for example like selling weapons for russia and iran.

Absolutely my friend.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774