Author Topic: Can G-d communicate through some people?  (Read 919 times)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
Can G-d communicate through some people?
« on: February 16, 2009, 12:44:45 AM »
I know that we do not think that there are prophets any longer and that there won't be until the coming of the Messiah.  The best way I can describe a prophet is that the prophets were people who were used by
G-d to communicate for him.  This doesn't happen anymore, at least not in the literal sense.

But I wonder if G-d still uses people as His medium when He wishes to reveal some things of glory and wonder to us.  These messages may not be pressing issues, but rather symbolic gestures to remind us of His greatness.

Perhaps I'm not articulating myself all that well.

I often think that when I am listening to J.S. Bach's music, that G-d was speaking through him.  Is this possible?  If G-d is the arbiter of everything that happens, then isn't it possible that G-d may choose to grant a person (such as a composer or artist) access to a part of him?

There are many people who claim to have had G-d speak through them.  I generally am suspicious of such claims.  I wonder if it ever happens though.

Have the Rabbis ever spoken of this?

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
Re: Can G-d communicate through some people?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 03:07:13 AM »
There are many people who claim to have had G-d speak through them.  I generally am suspicious of such claims.

More than suspicious, I don't believe them period.  And cut ties with them.
Although I just realized that's not true.  I still listen to Pastor Manning, both for the entertainment and for the way he tells it like it is!!!
 :::D
aka Someone Else

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 03:49:46 AM »
He can use animals as well. Some physical bodies are occupied by good spirits, others by bad.
I also think religion eventually will change a persons meta-genetics.

Offline VforVendetta

• Full JTFer
  • Remember Remember, The 5th of November
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 05:33:35 AM »
In Israel we have a proverb that says, The Prophecy was given to the Fools.
If you know what this means.

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 07:21:42 AM »
I believe that yes, G-d DOES work through people, but the people he seems to do this through are NOT arrogant, for ie: Chaim ALWAYS sees things WAY before they happen, and its NOT 'common sense' it is an insight that is very G-dly. People that have this are not arrogant.  David Ben Moshe dismisses it as common sense- I dont believe that.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 08:26:59 AM »
It is possible.  The only reason so many of us would be skeptical of this is the way in which con artist like Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell became the poster children for those who speak  to God. 

Offline VforVendetta

• Full JTFer
  • Remember Remember, The 5th of November
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 09:22:17 AM »
I believe that yes, G-d DOES work through people, but the people he seems to do this through are NOT arrogant, for ie: Chaim ALWAYS sees things WAY before they happen, and its NOT 'common sense' it is an insight that is very G-dly. People that have this are not arrogant.  David Ben Moshe dismisses it as common sense- I dont believe that.
He knows things before they happen because he knows Torah very well.
If Torah is godly? Yeah it is.

Offline Minuteman

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 11:19:07 AM »
I personally believe that sometimes God will say something to you through other people or events.  The people he uses I believe aren't aware that God is speaking through them.  Sometimes it is a person you'd least expect also.  You have to be careful of people that claim that they are relaying what God told them to tell you.  Some of these people are scamers, but others do get dillusional and actually believe they are a prophet.  So if someone tells you "God told me to tell you ......", it is not coming from God in my opinion.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 11:27:16 AM »
When we feel compassion for those who suffer, when we see injustices and try to stop them, that in itself is G-'ds essence
that lives in us. G-d created us in his image after all.

Shalom - Dox