Author Topic: Feel like listening to some music?  (Read 908 times)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
Feel like listening to some music?
« on: March 10, 2009, 01:30:34 PM »
I have a paper to do about two performances of music, both trumpet pieces.  I would be interested in any comments you may have about the performances, (which one you like better and why).  They are both very nice performances, but I like one much better than the other.  They are both short, the second one has talking for the first couple minutes, which you can skip through.  If you feel like a distraction, this may lighten up your day.

and

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Feel like listening to some music?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 02:42:52 PM »
Both are great.

It's really hard to say which one is better. If I must chose one I would chose the second one. The second one has more power and sounds really great. It's power with some silence in it in some parts. It's a good mix of fast music and slow music.

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 02:48:31 PM »
Both are great.

It's really hard to say which one is better. If I must chose one I would chose the second one. The second one has more power and sounds really great. It's power with some silence in it in some parts. It's a good mix of fast music and slow music.

Thanks, George Bush the hero,

So you think the use of silence in the second performance creates a feeling of power.  That's a very good observation!  Music is all about context and contrast.  I agree with you!

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 02:53:20 PM »
The silence in music is like loading the power. The power for the next part. It's like a river. Sometimes is the river full of water and sometimes it's just half full or empty. The transitions are fluent like in a river. It gives your soul a feeling of "peace" and ease of mind.
There are a lot of reasons why to chose this one.

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 02:58:28 PM »
Great music! :dance:
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 03:00:04 PM »
Great music! :dance:

I like it too.  Did you prefer one over the other?

Moshe92

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 03:05:42 PM »
I like them the same. The trumpet playing styles were different, but both sounded good. One thing I liked better about the first one was that there was more of a variety in the instruments in the orchestra.

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 03:09:09 PM »
I like them the same. The trumpet playing styles were different, but both sounded good. One thing I liked better about the first one was that there was more of a variety in the instruments in the orchestra.

Yes, but there was to much variety of instruments in the first video I think. I don't like it like that. It's ok. But it's not my thing.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 04:03:27 PM »
The first performance took to the extreme, it is very impressive and however I think that the sound is less clear and there were tiny flops for example circ 3:40 time. The second is less virtuoso but the sound is clearer and with greater range of volume.

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009, 04:08:42 PM »
The first performance took to the extreme, it is very impressive and however I think that the sound is less clear and there were tiny flops for example circ 3:40 time. The second is less virtuoso but the sound is clearer and with greater range of volume.

Agree!

Chose the second one and write what we are talking here. I am sure it's enough informations to find here.
In the end it's up to you. You have to decide and build your own opinion ;)