Author Topic: Great Rally In Colorado Today!!  (Read 1028 times)

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
Great Rally In Colorado Today!!
« on: February 18, 2009, 03:22:07 PM »
Colorado Says No To Obama’s Package of Pork

Today in Denver, hundreds of citizens gathered on the steps of the Colorado State Capital to let their disagreement with Obama’s economic policies be known.

FDR’s Treasury secretary and close friend, Henry Morganthau, conceded this fact to Congressional Democrats in May 1939: “We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work. And I have just one interest, and if I am wrong … somebody else can have my job. I want to see this country prosperous. I want to see people get a job. I want to see people get enough to eat. We have never made good on our promises … I say after eight years of this Administration we have just as much unemployment as when we started … And an enormous debt to boot!”    (thanks to Patrick)

Last week President Obama stated that ”economists from across the political spectrum agree” on the need for massive government spending to stimulate the economy. In fact, many economists disagree. Hundreds of them, including Nobel laureates and other prominent scholars, signed a statement that the Cato Institute has placed in major newspapers across the United States.

The grassroots crowd showed up as a result of hearing about it on talk radio and emails from friends. One group that organized the rally is Americans for Prosperity.

The Independence Institute had gigantic checks made out for people to sign, made out for the amount that it’s calculated that this so-called stimulus will cost each American family.

It’s appropriate that a number of children signed the checks. This little girl’s generation, and their children, will be paying for the pork in this bill for their entire lives.

“‘Those who don’t learn from history are bound to repeat it.’ The Dow Jones dropped 30% after the first bailout package was approved on October 2nd. Just the idea of a second bailout bill was greeted with a 7% drop in the Dow Jones Industrial Average .

Have you ever tried to fix a balloon that had a hostile encounter with a needle? Once the needle hits, the air is gone. Not even the strongest bandage will keep the balloon from deflating. Regardless of what you do, the air will continue to jet out until the balloon is empty.

Like a bandage on a balloon, this and other bailouts will merely delay the inevitable; current valuations will have to come in line with valuations seen at previous bear market levels. This historic pattern of economic cycles has been proven true time and again.”     Simon Maierhofer, Yahoo Finance

Several speakers addressed the enthusiastic crowd. Michelle Malkin, Tom Tancredo, Dick Wadhams, Jon Caldara (of the Independence Institute) and several Republican Colorado State Legislators spoke about how what Washington is doing is wrong, wrong, wrong.

One of the speakers reminded the crowd that Senator Chuck Schumer said “Nobody cares about the pork in the bill” and had the crowd chanting: “YES, WE CARE!” (instead of Yes, We CAN)

Michelle Malkin provided a roasted pig. She announced that this was a $30,000 a plate pork dinner. And after the last of the speakers, Michelle actually carved up the pig and served it up to the crowd.

This real live pig was foaming at the mouth. Guess he’s been drinking from the same trough as the Democrat Party’s economists.

That’s right, each and every family will lose $30,000 on average out of their pockets for this plan. How exactly is this supposed to stimulate the economy?

It was a very blustery afternoon. Everyone had to hold on to their giant checks with all their strength. In reality though, try to hold on to your money, and the IRS will put you in jail, unless you are Tim Geitner or Tom Daschle.

http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php?action=post;board=1.0

HORRAY COLORADO!!!  :clap: :dance: :)

« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 03:37:40 PM by New Yorker »
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Great Rally In Colorado Today!!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 05:14:11 PM »
Awesome Post New Yorker!
                              Let this Be only the Beginning... of Bigger and Better Rallies to come!

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 05:39:52 PM »
Great post!
It brings back memories to see the photos of the capital. I visited Denver several years ago, great city! CLEAN... and I only saw two melangians! Coincidence?

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 10:56:35 AM »
And more protests today, this time in Arizona!

With signs in hand, protests await President's arrival in Mesa

As President Barack Obama's motorcade rolled onto the campus of Dobson High School in Mesa at 10 a.m. today, police quickly ushered protestors on both sides of Guadalupe Road at least 200 feet away from the long line of official automobiles and police motorcycles.

Nore than 90 minutes earlier, Guadalupe Road became a dividing line between protestors as they awaited Obama's arrival for a town hall meeting on his plan to ease the nation's foreclosure crisis.

A crowd of about 300 to 400 people stretched along the sidewalk on the south side of Guadalupe Road, closer to the high school, chanting pro-Obama slogans or railing against Sheriff Joe Arpaio's crackdown on illegal immigration.

And right across the four-lane road was another crowd of about 150 chanting protestors against Obama. They were led for a few minutes by former Arizona Republican Congressman J.D. Hayworth, who briefly commanded a loudspeaker to lead the protest against the president.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/2009/02/18/20090218prez-protest0218.html

It says resistnet.com on that lady's sign. http://www.resistnet.com/ They're marching on Washington next month. http://www.resistnet.com/group/wethepeoplemarchonwashington

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 11:31:45 AM »
There needs to be way More Protests like this to show resistance to our govt who wants to socialize everything.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 11:36:34 AM »
Thank goodness there are still a fair number of white Americans who aren't completly nuts.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 11:38:18 AM »
 :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :clap:
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 12:27:43 PM »
Yay!!!!!!!!!!! this is soooooooooooo wonderful to see!!!!!!!! G-d Bless America! Hope we start seeing more and more of this across this country! Thanks so much for making my day!  8) :usa+israel: :jump:
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 02:19:17 PM »
I hope we see more of these demonstrations.  I don't know if they will be effective or not.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 02:27:00 PM »

Notice that to the "mainstream" "news", these protests didn't occur. When the Moonbats were protesting, it was front and center on all the "news" networks.

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 07:24:46 PM »
Yes New Yorker, I noticed that, nothing about it on our news here. Bass turds in the media!
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 01:55:55 AM »
So not everyone is as dumb as we thought

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2009, 02:03:41 AM »
The slogans were excellent and eye catching.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2009, 04:51:31 AM »
Great!!!! People will cry for Bush in a few month! AMERICA WILL SEE THE REAL FACE OF THIS MUSLIM OBAMA!