Author Topic: Fireworks for the 4th of July? I did.  (Read 3022 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Fireworks for the 4th of July? I did.
« on: July 02, 2008, 01:12:35 PM »
Anyone get fireworks for the 4th? I bought about $270.00 worth in Alabama (mothers boyfriend contributed 110), also got $40.00 of free stuff since we went over the 200 dollar mark.

Got the 6 large bottle rockets
mortar kit with 18 shells/2 tubes
mortar kit with 6 shells (quadruple break per shell) 1 tube
single shot mortar red blaster
single shot mortar blue blaster
mortar kit with 12 shells (double break per shell) 2 tubes
grand finale mortar small cake 24 shot
grand finale mortar cake 34 shot
grand finale mortar cake 9 shot

:-D

« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 02:29:59 PM by מאיר כהן »

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Re: Fireworks for the 4th of July? I did.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 01:17:24 PM »
Nice fireworks what is the name of the company you buy yours from I buy mine from Phantom fireworks

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 01:20:44 PM »
Nice fireworks what is the name of the company you buy yours from I buy mine from Phantom fireworks

Shelton fireworks, where do you live?

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 01:21:09 PM »

New York

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 01:27:24 PM »

New York

Can you have mortars or aerial fireworks in New York?

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 01:29:03 PM »

New York

All fireworks are banned in the city but who listens

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 01:34:53 PM »

New York

All fireworks are banned in the city but who listens

Ah, yeah the aerial stuff is banned in Florida but so many people are doing it that the police really don't care. Also there is a loophole in Florida law, it says you can have fireworks for agricultural purposes (possession), just lighting aerial stuff is banned, but it's a loophole that still allows you to have possession of them. Plus we have a private beach by the 2nd house so no one bothers us there.

Unfortunately, fireworks will likely be the next thing to be banned with guns the way the countries headed, so i'm enjoying them while they last.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 01:41:22 PM »
Cool! Could you get any M80's or BlockBusters? or even Super BlockBusters?
  I had all of them in the late 90's when I was into that stuff, now it's illegal to have any fireworks.  :(

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 01:42:45 PM »
i have a place that i can watch the best fireworks display right in front of me...no need to make my own.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2008, 01:49:48 PM »
Cool! Could you get any M80's or BlockBusters? or even Super BlockBusters?
  I had all of them in the late 90's when I was into that stuff, now it's illegal to have any fireworks.  :(

They are still available in China town though it's quarter stick of dynamite so I wouldn't say if I had them or not ;), however the stuff sold in consumer shops marked "m-80's" are not true m-80's, you can tell by the caps on the end which are plastic.

i have a place that i can watch the best fireworks display right in front of me...no need to make my own.

Lighting them is part of the fun :)

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008, 01:56:52 PM »
Lucky you Dr.Dan!
   True, Lighting them up is most exhilarating part of it...  O0

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2008, 03:12:19 PM »
Lucky you Dr.Dan!

but blowing your fingers off wouldn't be so fun..

Like trying to cut line to get on to a roller coaster only to get your head severed...

Not fun...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2008, 03:18:22 PM »
Lucky you Dr.Dan!

Like trying to cut line to get on to a roller coaster only to get your head severed...

Not fun...

Bad comparison, you get to actually ride the rollercoaster and enjoy it rather than watch it.

Most people that blow off their fingers or get injured are irresponsible. Many of the problems can be eliminated with eye protection as well as keeping your face clear of the blast. Don't try to relight fuses and if it is a dud (doesn't go off), wait a few and spray it down with a hose. Also helps to wait for the tubes to cool before loading another shell. In the many years i've lit fireworks, the most that has happened is a slight burn from the fuse when it was lit and that was it.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2008, 03:22:34 PM »
 I hear you brother,
                          I guess you'd have to do it to understand...  ^-^

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 03:35:12 PM »
Lucky you Dr.Dan!

Not fun...

Bad comparison, you get to actually ride the rollercoaster and enjoy it rather than watch it.

Most people that blow off their fingers or get injured are irresponsible. Many of the problems can be eliminated with eye protection as well as keeping your face clear of the blast. Don't try to relight fuses and if it is a dud (doesn't go off), wait a few and spray it down with a hose. Also helps to wait for the tubes to cool before loading another shell. In the many years i've lit fireworks, the most that has happened is a slight burn from the fuse when it was lit and that was it.

I do the same if the fuse did not work but I would wait about till the end of what I have then I take the ones that did not work put them in a pile and douse it in rubbing alcohol and shoot roman candles at it

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2008, 09:20:35 PM »
My brother filmed us lighting off the fireworks

Some good stuff :)

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2008, 09:31:36 PM »
sweet!

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2008, 09:47:11 PM »
270 buckaroos for a bunch of hot air, literally, that lasts a couple of seconds? Sheesh. What a ridiculous waste of funds. That's about four tanks of gas. I'm very biased against fireworks/crackers because where I live, all the stupid wets are blowing off all their ordnance for two weeks before and two weeks after the Fourth, and on the Fourth itself it is like an utter war zone for about six hours. It scares all the animals, deafens all the people, and there is the constant threat of what happens when a bottle rocket lands on a roof or in a dry tree. I can't stand this moronic pasttime.  >:(

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2008, 10:20:40 PM »
270 buckaroos for a bunch of hot air, literally, that lasts a couple of seconds? Sheesh. What a ridiculous waste of funds. That's about four tanks of gas. I'm very biased against fireworks/crackers because where I live, all the stupid wets are blowing off all their ordnance for two weeks before and two weeks after the Fourth, and on the Fourth itself it is like an utter war zone for about six hours. It scares all the animals, deafens all the people, and there is the constant threat of what happens when a bottle rocket lands on a roof or in a dry tree. I can't stand this moronic pasttime.  >:(

Actually we didn't film the whole display, there was about 2 hours worth of show before my brother started filming, otherwise people on youtube would get rather bored quickly.

In the USA
America's earliest settlers brought their enthusiasm for fireworks to the United States. Fireworks and black ash were used to celebrate important events long before the American Revolutionary War. The very first celebration of Independence Day was in 1777, six years before Americans knew whether the new nation would survive the war; fireworks were a part of all festivities. In 1789, George Washington's inauguration was also accompanied by a fireworks display. This early fascination with their noise and color continues today.

preserving American culture of celebration.

Just because wetbacks do it doesn't mean we shouldn't, if wetbacks start waving American flags, should we no longer wave it?

Anyways, we have 2 houses, and we light off the fireworks on our private beach, so it's not bothering anyone. Everybody was blowing them off from their beach.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 10:25:49 PM by מאיר כהן »

Offline Daniel Ben Hanania

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2008, 01:39:12 AM »
Thats great. But this stuff illigal in brooklyn. 3 of my friends actually got arrested :(
NEVER AGAIN !!!

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2008, 01:40:11 AM »
Thats great. But this stuff illigal in brooklyn. 3 of my friends actually got arrested :(

We set them off by my house and the cops dont care they sit in there car and watch

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2008, 01:46:35 AM »

We set them off by my house and the cops dont care they sit in there car and watch

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2008, 02:01:31 AM »

Illegal here too, they dont care though, and it pays to have a cousin who's a cop.

damn! how much did you pay?

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2008, 02:07:47 AM »

Illegal here too, they dont care though, and it pays to have a cousin who's a cop.

damn! how much did you pay?

they were all free my cousins wifes brother owns a place that sell this stuff
but it would cost around $650