Poll

Would Blacks commit less crime if they weren't in poverty?

Less violent crime
1 (7.1%)
Less property crime
0 (0%)
Less violent and property crime
2 (14.3%)
No
11 (78.6%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Does poverty cause crime to increase?  (Read 1517 times)

Offline A True Conservative

• Junior JTFer
  • No Arabs No Terror
Does poverty cause crime to increase?
« on: February 23, 2009, 12:48:27 AM »
I think it doesn't. Liberals are always quick to point out that crime correlates with poverty. I don't know if that's true but even if does correlate it still doesn't prove that crime causes poverty. It could be possible that it correlates because individuals in poverty behave the way they do because of their nature or culture, and middle and upper class people behave better for the same reasons. I doubt that if they were taken out of their poverty they would behave any better.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Does poverty cause crime to increase?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 12:57:47 AM »
I think it doesn't. Liberals are always quick to point out that crime correlates with poverty. I don't know if that's true but even if does correlate it still doesn't prove that crime causes poverty. It could be possible that it correlates because individuals in poverty behave the way they do because of their nature or culture, and middle and upper class people behave better for the same reasons. I doubt that if they were taken out of their poverty they would behave any better.

Often this is used as an excuse for bad behavior. Each case must be judged based on the circumstances. There are legitimate reasons for someone to steal food because they need to eat. Luckily in America we don't have people who are starving because we do have a plethora of programs which prevent people from starving. I don't think that stealing for any other reason besides for hunger are valid. According to Jewish law the solution when a person steals is that they are sold into slavery. I know this because our last Shabbat we reviewed these laws. I believe that when a person steals they must be held accountable. We must remember that the reason that the generation of Noah was exterminated was because of rampant theft.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Junior JTFer
  • No Arabs No Terror
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 01:02:07 AM »

Often this is used as an excuse for bad behavior. Each case must be judged based on the circumstances. There are legitimate reasons for someone to steal food because they need to eat. Luckily in America we don't have people who are starving because we do have a plethora of programs which prevent people from starving. I don't think that stealing for any other reason besides for hunger are valid. According to Jewish law the solution when a person steals is that they are sold into slavery. I know this because our last Shabbat we reviewed these laws. I believe that when a person steals they must be held accountable. We must remember that the reason that the generation of Noah was exterminated was because of rampant theft.

I'm not talking about that. The liberals excuse Blacks when they murder and rape and blame poverty for it.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 01:05:26 AM »

I'm not talking about that. The liberals excuse Blacks when they murder and rape and blame poverty for it.

No, there is no excuse for murder and rape... I would never even entertain the thought that poverty causes people to be violent. All one must do is look at the Jewish ghettos and see that the Jewish people persevered in very oppressive times and continued to be professionals in many fields instead of resorting to crime.

Only in the case of more primitive cultures does poverty cause an increase in violent crime.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

• Junior JTFer
  • No Arabs No Terror
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 01:05:31 AM »
For example, it's a fact that Muslim bums in Europe commit more rape and they're in poverty. The Bolshevik, leftist scum in Europe would blame that on poverty and not the savage behavior of these Muslim criminals.

• Junior JTFer
  • No Arabs No Terror
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 01:06:12 AM »

No, there is no excuse for murder and rape... I would never even entertain the thought that poverty causes people to be violent. All one must do is look at the Jewish ghettos and see that the Jewish people persevered in very oppressive times and continued to be professionals in many fields instead of resorting to crime.

Only in the case of more primitive cultures does poverty cause an increase in violent crime.

I changed my poll and reset the votes. You can vote again.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 01:07:07 AM »
For example, it's a fact that Muslim bums in Europe commit more rape and they're in poverty. The Bolshevik, leftist scum in Europe would blame that on poverty and not the savage behavior of these Muslim criminals.

It is a simple problem with the left in general to constantly blame the victims instead of the perpetrator of the crime.

• Junior JTFer
  • No Arabs No Terror
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 01:09:31 AM »
Muman, I once read a post where you said after you voted for Reagan you started voting Democrat. I'm assuming you changed back to Conservative. Were you a liberal before? You seem like a very moral person. If you were a liberal why were you one in the first place and why did you change?

Offline Zionist Revolutionary

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 01:36:47 AM »
People do the crimes, not poverty!!! Rich or poor, people still commit crimes because of the evil in their hearts. The crimes of the rich are just not as apparent because they can cover it up better than poor people!

• Junior JTFer
  • No Arabs No Terror
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2009, 01:40:09 AM »
People do the crimes, not poverty!!! Rich or poor, people still commit crimes because of the evil in their hearts. The crimes of the rich are just not as apparent because they can cover it up better than poor people!

You mean the Wall street bankers?

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2009, 06:34:45 AM »
certain wealthy blacks also are a part of crime
and certain very educated blacks will do  harmful things...

SO really, it has nothing to do with poverty with this culturual group.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2009, 07:01:06 AM »
Blacks have been taken out of poverty.
They have the same, if not better, opportunities to acheive.
What has changed about their overall behavior?
If we don't stop making excuses for stupid, lazy and evil behavior, it's all over.
That goes for people of any color!
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2009, 12:49:59 PM »

and my excuse is that many poor immigrants worked hard and made a living and never stole...so that's the answer for those buffoons who think they know everything.

btw, who's that man on your portfolio?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2009, 06:38:47 PM »
Blacks have been taken out of poverty.
They have the same, if not better, opportunities to acheive.
What has changed about their overall behavior?
If we don't stop making excuses for stupid, lazy and evil behavior, it's all over.
That goes for people of any color!

Great post Bullcat... couldn't have said it better myself!

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2009, 06:46:16 PM »
I cant believe Im the only one who said Yes.

That DOESNT mean that the main reason why blacks are violent is wealth but it is A contributing factor.

Watch what happens with violence this summer.

Offline Daleksfearme

• Pro JTFer
  • What is, What was, What could be. thats what I see
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2009, 07:30:25 PM »
I suspect that some crime would decrease if poverty were to be eleminated. However a great deal of crime seems to be anger at past wrongs and "getting back at whitey"

We also live in a culture that glorifies the rich even though most of the rich are not very nice people. So, when people are unable to get what they think is comming to them, or what they see on TV as being the "way to live", these people act out in ways that try to gratify this craving.

street cleanrers and sewer workers are on the front lines of protecting all of us from disease, yet they are looked down on, while people whos only skill and interest is to catch or throw a ball, or who have "a great body" are treated with a fanatical level of interest by the public.

America's ego is writing checks its body cant cash"....ok ok so I could not resist a Top Gun line, it does fit though.
"You must not have looked in the new dictionary for the word Genocide, Because Right next to it is a picture of me with a capton that reads...over my dead body!"

The Doctor

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2009, 09:03:56 PM »
I think it does to an extent. Also I do not feel safe in poverty improvised areas