General Category > General Discussion

Do we have a right to die?

(1/8) > >>

muman613:
I just read on the Rag San Francisco Chronicle {gay liberal newspaper} an article on a group called "Final Exit" which actively sends people to assist in terminating their lives. I have always found this 'assisted suicide' thing to be morally repulsive. I am extremely against this practicle but apparently the gay liberal drones who read SF Chronicle are fully supportive of assisted suicide. I would write there but because the gays complained so much about my posts I am no longer able to post replies to SF Chronicle.

Jewish law is very clear that nobody should commit suicide. Those who engage in this activity should be tried for murder.

muman613:
I am shocked that two people support a person in suicide. That is very odd. It has to do with the value of life which is more precious than anything. Even when in much pain life is preferable to non-life because only Hashem is in control of who lives and dies. Commiting suicide is against the will of G-d. Just as killing an unborn baby is murder, so is taking your own life.

Nadav:
I am completely against it as Judaism is very clear on this. Remember every dog has his day, doctors like Jack Kevorkian and other murderers will have to answer to the King of the Universe.

To the people who voted yes. Where do you draw the line? Should we just start handing out cyanide pills? This suicide on the demand ideology that many people seem to have adopted is outright evil.

zachor_ve_kavod:
Do people have a right to terminate their life prematurely?  In a world without G-d, they do.  This is because there is nothing sacred in a secular world, including life.  I think your answer really relies upon your belief in G-d.  If you believe in G-d, then logically you have to believe that G-d gave you the gift of your life.  If you believe that G-d gave you your life than you would have to understand that ending your life is throwing away G-d's gift to you. 

On the other hand, if you believe that everything (and I mean everything) is an accident, that there is no
G-d, only cosmic coincidences, then everything is meaningless including your life.  If there is no meaning to life (which there can't be without G-d) then why not throw your life away?

I happen to believe that all meaning comes from G-d.  G-d gave me a gift and I would never throw it away.

Daleksfearme:
Although I do not as a rule support suicide, I do feel that people should have the right to refuse or stop treatment protocols that are painful and will only increase life by a short time.

If the outcome of a persons illness is not in question in a medical sense, to spend your last days in pain might be more torture than anything else.

That being said, I do allow for miracles and the importance of life and thus would not hasten death by artificial means, by increasing a morphine drip to the point where someone is allowed to slip away etc.  There does come a point though, where another round of Chemo etc may not really be the way to go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version