Author Topic: Islamophobia  (Read 8890 times)

Offline ZachorHamitzvos

• Junior JTFer
Islamophobia
« on: March 03, 2009, 11:20:29 PM »
Shalom,

After scanning many posts on this board, I've reached the conclusion that many of you fall into the Islamophobic category; you are scared of Muslims, and therefore, you are taught to hate them. This is a problem that can only be remedied with dialogue. I've met so many Muslims over the years, and I find them to be great, nice people. Your thoughts?

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Re: Islamophobia
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 12:09:31 AM »
Your Islamophobe argument won't work here.  We're all too aware of Islamic terrorism, and the abuses of women and children. 

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 07:18:18 AM »
How many of the 1 1/2 billion muslims have you met and how many of them have been great, nice people that you can vouch for?  If you have met one million, simple arithmetic tells me that you've met about 0.07%.

By the way, I am not afraid of muslims.  I simply despise the ideology of islam that they follow which demands the behavior that you see them engaging in all over the world.  If you think that appending the suffix "phobia" to a word will cause people on this forum to be overcome by guilt and capitulate to your non-arguments, you are grossly mistaken.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 12:46:59 PM »
I am afraid of them because I don't know which ones are the ones that would actually fly a plane into a skyscraper, behead Americans, strap a bomb onto their own child, or fuk a camel in the ass.

Offline Kylefromomaha

• Full JTFer
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 06:47:38 PM »
a phobia is an irrational fear. In light of Muslims cutting off the heads of unbelievers and teaming up with nazi skinheads and black panthers its no longer irrational to fear Islam.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 11:37:55 PM »
a phobia is an irrational fear. In light of Muslims cutting off the heads of unbelievers and teaming up with nazi skinheads and black panthers its no longer irrational to fear Islam.
Good call. I have Islamilepsy.

Offline MosheTheZionist

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 07:35:48 AM »
 LOL Islamophobia... :laugh:

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 03:00:04 PM »
Sometimes I am really scared if I am in a room full of muslims. For examble at school. I try to stand 1 meter away from muslims. If someone come closer to me I make the sign of the cross. I am afraid that someone blow himself. Muslim girls disgust me. They smell like they have never seen a shower.   :yuck:

Offline george_jtf

• Full JTFer
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 03:17:12 PM »
I am afraid of them because I don't know which ones are the ones that would actually fly a plane into a skyscraper, behead Americans, strap a bomb onto their own child, or fuk a camel in the donkey.

LOL, one of the best quotes I have heard in a while, and very true too.

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2009, 03:27:26 PM »
I am afraid of them because I don't know which ones are the ones that would actually fly a plane into a skyscraper, behead Americans, strap a bomb onto their own child, or fuk a camel in the donkey.

LOL, one of the best quotes I have heard in a while, and very true too.

:::D yeah

I prefere dead muslims ;)

The only good muslim is a dead muslim!!

Offline george_jtf

• Full JTFer
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2009, 03:41:14 PM »
The reason why most westerners are not as untrustful of Muslims is because they never have to live under the Muslim rule....

Oh, and "Islamophobia" excuse is a very poor way of defending it. You have to come up with something better than that....
Why don't you go live in a muslim-dominated country and see for yourself how non-muslims are treated and then come back and say the same thing?

Well, if Islamophobia is the best excuse you can come up with, perhaps you should start doing some serious reading (based on facts, not fiction) on muslims in Bosnia, Serbia, Albania, so-called Palestine, Former Yugoslav Republic Of Macedonia, Chechnya, Cypres..just to name a few.....

In conclusion, I believe that you never lived among them where they rule, so you don't understand how the real Islam works. Any religious following, which straight out says that you should conquer, steal, kill, rape, torture, mistreat (all listed in Quran) is a religion of Satan following and should be isolated from civilized world. Let them have their own satanic kingdoms, but do not let them out of that satanic kingdoms........electric fence or the most isolated island in the world possible comes into my mind as a solution.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2009, 06:05:22 PM »
Even being in Israel and constantly around them in malls, on busses, and in the streets is no cake-walk. When I was in Yeshivah there, we were robbed by them, too. If they are not killing you, they are stealing from you. Slimy, disgusting pieces of sht.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2009, 06:16:20 PM »
You are plain and simple nuts ZachorHamitzvos.  :o
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2009, 01:51:54 PM »
BEWARE:

ISLAM ONLY HAS AN ENTRANCE!
IT TAKES 5 MINUTES TO ENTER ISLAM.

ONCE CONVERTED TO ISLAM:

ISLAM HAS NO EXIT!
ONLY DEATH.

And they want YOU to join them!

Offline MosheTheZionist

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2009, 03:09:42 PM »
BEWARE:

ONCE CONVERTED TO ISLAM:

ISLAM HAS NO EXIT!
ONLY DEATH.

To be fair, what is the punishment of apostasy in Judaism? Deuteronomy 13:6-13:10.

"thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage."

We should not accuse a religion for a law that exists within our own faith as well.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2009, 03:16:52 PM »
BEWARE:

ONCE CONVERTED TO ISLAM:

ISLAM HAS NO EXIT!
ONLY DEATH.

To be fair, what is the punishment of apostasy in Judaism? Deuteronomy 13:6-13:10.

"thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy G-d, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage."

We should not accuse a religion for a law that exists within our own faith as well.

Moshe, there are two problems with your quote:

1. The Bible talks here about a false prophet, not about a Jew that leaves Judaism.

SORRY, I slipped in the line of my Bible.

2. Torah law is only the law of the land of Israel. It does not apply to the countries of the gentiles. If it would be otherwise I wouldn't be with JTF.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 04:36:54 PM by Pheasant »
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline MosheTheZionist

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2009, 03:23:05 PM »
BEWARE:

ONCE CONVERTED TO ISLAM:

ISLAM HAS NO EXIT!
ONLY DEATH.

"thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy G-d, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage."

Moshe, there are two problems with your quote:

1. The Bible talks here about a false prophet, not about a Jew that leaves Judaism.

2. Torah law is only the law of the land of Israel. It does not apply to the countries of the gentiles. If it would be otherwise I wouldn't be with JTF.

Hm, I see. Well what would the punishment be for a Jew who becomes Christian in Israel (if Israel were ruled by Torah Law, God willing)

Also, I would assume that Islam too has to rule by the law of the land. Can you provide proof otherwise?

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2009, 03:46:28 PM »
Moshe, I think about Halakhic things, I am the wrong partner of discussion. You should ask the Jews here.

Personally I think Jews have the right to enforce Torah law in their land of Israel with all consequences.

If somebody is not happy with it, he has the possibility to live somewhere else.

Offline MosheTheZionist

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2009, 03:52:01 PM »
Moshe, I think about Halakhic things, I am the wrong partner of discussion. You should ask the Jews here.

Personally I think Jews have the right to enforce Torah law in their land of Israel with all consequences.

If somebody is not happy with it, he has the possibility to live somewhere else.

No, I fully agree with Jewish law. My issue was that in a Jewish state, the law for apostasy is death. In an Islamic state, the punishment for apostasy is death. I personally do not see much wrong in the punishment (from a Jewish perspective). I'm saying it is hypocritical to insult their religion for their punishment for apostasy, while not condemning Judaism's punishment for apostasy. I'm just trying to be open-minded. It would be good if we at least had a few Moslems on this forum to at least give us their defense. Maybe it would help strengthen our own beliefs, ay? We could see if they are really what we think of them. I personally only have met one Moslem.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2009, 03:58:54 PM »

No, I fully agree with Jewish law. My issue was that in a Jewish state, the law for apostasy is death. In an Islamic state, the punishment for apostasy is death. I personally do not see much wrong in the punishment (from a Jewish perspective). I'm saying it is hypocritical to insult their religion for their punishment for apostasy, while not condemning Judaism's punishment for apostasy. I'm just trying to be open-minded. It would be good if we at least had a few Moslems on this forum to at least give us their defense. Maybe it would help strengthen our own beliefs, ay? We could see if they are really what we think of them. I personally only have met one Moslem.

But our good Chaim said, that he will leave the Jews who didn't practice Judaism alone in their private life.

I have never heard, that a Jew who left Judaism is murdered or a Rabbi has told other Jews to kill him.

In fact there are hundreds of thousands of Jews in the USA, who are Atheists, Buddhists, Christians, Muslims etc.

Like I said, I have never heard, that something happened to them because of their conversion.

I think they are avoided by their fellow Jews, but nothing more.

Do you have any example that Jews killed an apostate? Perhaps they prayed for his death, but they never took action.

Offline MosheTheZionist

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2009, 04:09:33 PM »
But our good Chaim said, that he will leave the Jews who didn't practice Judaism alone in their private life.

I have never heard, that a Jew who left Judaism is murdered or a Rabbi has told other Jews to kill him.

In fact there are hundreds of thousands of Jews in the USA, who are Atheists, Buddhists, Christians, Muslims etc.

Like I said, I have never heard, that something happened to them because of their conversion.

I think they are avoided by their fellow Jews, but nothing more.

Do you have any example that Jews killed an apostate? Perhaps they prayed for his death, but they never took action.

Yea, you're right that Jews who have left Judaism have not been killed. And Chaim is right to leave alone Jews who do not practice. But not practicing is different from becoming Christian, Muslim, etc. The punishment for that is DEATH. Why should we debate the laws that Hashem has blessed us with? In a JEWISH STATE, this would be the case. But Jews, as do Muslims, have to follow the law of the land. In America, we cannot kill someone for apostasy. In a Jewish state, they would be stoned.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2009, 04:15:44 PM »
I didn't debate any law of the Torah.

But there is a great difference between Islam and Judaism.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2009, 04:30:05 PM »
This is talking about idoltary  worshiping Ba'Al or Dagan   
Deuteronomy 13:6-10 (New International Version)

6 If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, "Let us go and worship other gods" (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, 7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), 8 do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him. 9 You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people. 10 Stone him to death, because he tried to turn you away from the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.
Is this carriede out in Israel but it is carried out numerous muslim countries read the newspapers
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline MosheTheZionist

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2009, 04:31:48 PM »
Is this carriede out in Israel but it is carried out numerous muslim countries read the newspapers

Hmm...I don't think that most Muslim country's today do have a punishment for apostasy. However, we are not debating Jews vs Muslims. It is about Islam and Judaism. The religions, not the people. And this SHOULD be carried out, but sadly, Israel has submitted to secular law.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2009, 04:36:13 PM »

Hmm...I don't think that most Muslim country's today do have a punishment for apostasy. However, we are not debating Jews vs Muslims. It is about Islam and Judaism. The religions, not the people. And this SHOULD be carried out, but sadly, Israel has submitted to secular law.
Like most countries with reformation Israel has a moderate mix of Religious law and secular law .And like i said that was talking about Idoltary not Christianity.Due to the fact at the time it was written there was no Christianity or Islam
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03