Author Topic: Islamophobia  (Read 8889 times)

Offline MosheTheZionist

• Junior JTFer
Re: Islamophobia
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2009, 04:36:37 PM »
According to Judaism, only people who violate the Torah laws against idolatry within the Land of Israel would be punished, which is clearly shown in the Bible that the majority of Christians claim to believe in.  It does not apply to any other land.  In Islam, however, all non-Muslims everywhere are targeted for conversion, and all people in the world are seen as either Muslims or infidels, which deserve subjugation or death if they don't convert to Islam.  Their goal is to set up a caliphate which will rule over a world that is completely Muslim.  There is no concept like this in Judaism.  Jews leave other nations alone.  So much for the moral equivalence argument.

Right, but until the Islamic state is established, I heard Moslems should follow the laws of the land they live in. Plus, in a Jewish state, Christians who believe in the trinity or have any statues of Jesus or Mary, or anything like that, would be punished, ay?

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2009, 04:39:56 PM »
According to Judaism, only people who violate the Torah laws against idolatry within the Land of Israel would be punished, which is clearly shown in the Bible that the majority of Christians claim to believe in.  It does not apply to any other land.  In Islam, however, all non-Muslims everywhere are targeted for conversion, and all people in the world are seen as either Muslims or infidels, which deserve subjugation or death if they don't convert to Islam.  Their goal is to set up a caliphate which will rule over a world that is completely Muslim.  There is no concept like this in Judaism.  Jews leave other nations alone.  So much for the moral equivalence argument.

Right, but until the Islamic state is established, I heard Moslems should follow the laws of the land they live in. Plus, in a Jewish state, Christians who believe in the trinity or have any statues of Jesus or Mary, or anything like that, would be punished, ay?
This is a straw man since this will never happen
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2009, 04:40:27 PM »
Sorry Moshe, I slipped in the line of my bible. The lines with the false prophet are before this. I apologize.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline MosheTheZionist

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2009, 04:42:13 PM »
Sorry Moshe, I slipped in the line of my bible. The lines with the false prophet are before this. I apologize.

No problem :)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2009, 04:46:48 PM »
Here it is in context            

The Adam Clarke Commentary

Chapter 13

Of false prophets and their lying signs, 1-6. Of those who endeavour to entice and seduce people to idolatry, 7-8. The punishment of such, 9-11. Of cities perverted from the pure worship of G-d, 12-14. How that city is to be treated, 15. All the spoil of it to be destroyed, 16. Promises to them who obey these directions, 17,18.

Notes on Chapter 13

Verse 1. If there arise among you a prophet
Any pretending to have a Divine influence, so as to be able perfectly to direct others in the way of salvation; or a dreamer of dreams-one who pretends that some deity has spoken to him in the night-season; and giveth thee a sign, oth, what appears to be a miraculous proof of his mission; or a wonder, mopheth, some type or representation of what he wishes to bring you over to: as some have pretended to have received a consecrated image from heaven; hence the origin of the Palladium, Numa's Shields, and many of the deities among the Hindoos. But here the word seems to mean some portentous sign, such as an eclipse, which he who knew when it would take place might predict to the people who knew nothing of the matter, and thereby accredit his pretensions.

Verse 3. The Lord your G-d proveth you
G-d permits such impostors to arise to try the faith of his followers, and to put their religious experience to the test; for he who experimentally knows G-d cannot be drawn away after idols. He who has no experimental knowledge of G-d, may believe any thing. Experience of the truths contained in the word of G-d can alone preserve any man from Deism, or a false religion. They who have not this are a prey to the pretended prophet, and to the dreamer of dreams.

Verse 6. If thy brother-or thy son
The teacher of idolatry was to be put to death; and so strict was this order that a man must neither spare nor conceal his brother, son, daughter, wife, nor friend, because this was the highest offence that could be committed against G-d, and the most destructive to society; hence the severest laws were enacted against it.

Verse 13. Children of Belial
from bal, not, and yaal, profit;-Sept. ανδρεςπαρανομοι, lawless men;-persons good for nothing to themselves or others, and capable of nothing but mischief.

Verse 15. Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants
If one city were permitted to practise idolatry, the evil would soon spread, therefore the contagion must be destroyed in its birth.

Verse 17. And there shall cleave naught of the cursed thing
As G-d did not permit them to take the spoils of these idolatrous cities, they could be under no temptation to make war upon them. It could only be done through a merely religious motive, in obedience to the command of G-d, as they could have no profit by the subversion of such places. How few religious wars would there ever have been in the world had they been regulated by this principle: "Thou shalt neither extend thy territory, nor take any spoils!"

http://www.studylight.org/com/acc/view.cgi?book=de&chapter=13&verse=6#De13_6
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 04:53:17 PM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2009, 05:13:36 PM »

Actually, Muslims use the legal system to their advantage to gain legal protection while plotting against their host nation, and then when the time is right, they take over.  This is what happened in Lebanon, which used to be a majority Christian country but now it is Muslim.  Jews don't do this to non-Jewish nations, and there is a difference between running things according to the Jewish religion in a Jewish country and trying to expand it worldwide like the Muslims do.  I could personally care less if Muslims want to subject their own people to Sharia law in Africa or in the Middle East (except in Israel).  But when they start trying to impose it in Israel, Europe, America, etc., that's where the problem is. 

It seems like you're arguing that Muslims can't be blamed for believing in world conquest because they're not there yet, but Jews can be blamed for having a Torah government their own country even though they're not there yet.

This are basically my thoughts too.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline george_jtf

• Full JTFer
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2009, 10:18:55 PM »

Actually, Muslims use the legal system to their advantage to gain legal protection while plotting against their host nation, and then when the time is right, they take over.  This is what happened in Lebanon, which used to be a majority Christian country but now it is Muslim.  Jews don't do this to non-Jewish nations, and there is a difference between running things according to the Jewish religion in a Jewish country and trying to expand it worldwide like the Muslims do.  I could personally care less if Muslims want to subject their own people to Sharia law in Africa or in the Middle East (except in Israel).  But when they start trying to impose it in Israel, Europe, America, etc., that's where the problem is. 

It seems like you're arguing that Muslims can't be blamed for believing in world conquest because they're not there yet, but Jews can be blamed for having a Torah government their own country even though they're not there yet.

This are basically my thoughts too.
Same here too.
ps. I have always found that the whole idea of 70 virgins waiting for Muslim in their so-called heaven, or as us non-muslims call it Hell, to be one of the most ridiculous things ever. By the way, what do muslim women get when they get to the muslim heaven?