Author Topic: Has anyone seen the movie: My name is nobody?  (Read 859 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Has anyone seen the movie: My name is nobody?
« on: March 08, 2009, 05:19:46 PM »
Has anyone seen the movie: My name is nobody?

Do you like it?
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Has anyone seen the movie: My name is nobody?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 05:41:19 PM »
Did you see it ?
Here is a better trailer of It:

I like Sergio Leone's spaghetti westerns, although this one I never heard of before.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 05:43:52 PM »
Did you see it ?
Here is a better trailer of It:

I like Sergio Leone's spaghetti westerns, although this one I never heard of before.

I have seen it at least a dozen times. It is a great story.

Sergio Leone's films are great.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 05:47:30 PM »
Oh Zelhar, you can watch it for free on youtube:

Start here:

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 06:34:59 PM »
Oh Zelhar, you can watch it for free on youtube:

Start here:
Good finding, thanks Pheasant :)

Offline Ithaca-37

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 10:39:47 PM »
Yes, I've seen it.  It's got an interesting premise, and if you like Leone's other westerns, then you'll like this one.

Sergio Leone was indeed a great director, but Leone had a real weakness in terms of editing, in my opinion, and his movies often move slowly as a result.  I can only guess that movie studios would re-edit his films without his permission, because the 'Director's cut' of (for instance) The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (one of my personal favorites) is about 30 minutes longer than the studio cut, and the studio cut is still almost three hours.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 07:10:46 AM »
Yes, I've seen it.  It's got an interesting premise, and if you like Leone's other westerns, then you'll like this one.

Sergio Leone was indeed a great director, but Leone had a real weakness in terms of editing, in my opinion, and his movies often move slowly as a result.  I can only guess that movie studios would re-edit his films without his permission, because the 'Director's cut' of (for instance) The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (one of my personal favorites) is about 30 minutes longer than the studio cut, and the studio cut is still almost three hours.

I think the best at Leone's movies is the ambiance. I really like the silence in some parts of the movies, where you only hear the protagonists breath and act.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 06:29:16 PM »
Have you watched it, Zelhar? Do you like it?

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 06:59:34 PM »
I did ! Some scenes are absolutely ingenious (the barbershop, the carnival), and it has an excellent soundtrack too.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009, 07:09:59 PM »
I did ! Some scenes are absolutely ingenious (the barbershop, the carnival), and it has an excellent soundtrack too.

Exactly my oppinion too.  :)