Author Topic: Im against embryonic stem cell research  (Read 4237 times)

Offline Daleksfearme

• Pro JTFer
  • What is, What was, What could be. thats what I see
Re: Im against embryonic stem cell research
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2009, 04:08:36 PM »
   The crux of the issue is, is it right or wrong.   If you don't find it wrong or immoral, there is no sane rational or logical reason to prevent this type of research.   And it's not as if the govt is going to now start giving grants to things they don't think will work.  In individual cases, if a submitted grant proposal has demonstrable potential, just like any other project for any other type of grant, including an adult stem cell project, it will get funding.   If not, not.

And this research has been abandoned by almost everyone in the stem cell community regardless of what country they are doing the research in.

No it hasn't.   And those who did "abandon" it, or made no progress, were forced to do so because of the difficulties of being limited to those 20 already-existing lines!

If you admit that you don't find it unethical, then again as I said before, there is really no defense or possible explanation to limiting that field of research!

And calling a type of biology research a farce, is a farce in itself!   It shows you have not worked in science and don't understand how it works.   I don't know how many times I have to say this.

What type of science research do you do? And may I ask if you or a loved one has a disease that has been hyped as a possible candidate for ESC intervention? You seem to be very angry at something

The instant a sperm and egg unite a life is created. This is true of any species. You could argue that any person within a different age range is at an earlier or later stage of development. I do understand that up to a certain point an zygote, embryo etc May not be given the legal rights of a Human, but this does not mean that this life should be ended for the pursuit of  science. This is even more true as ESC research is basically yesterdays news as I have explained in previous posts.
"You must not have looked in the new dictionary for the word Genocide, Because Right next to it is a picture of me with a capton that reads...over my dead body!"

The Doctor