Author Topic: More Dangers Of Pork  (Read 12275 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: More Dangers Of Pork
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2009, 11:28:11 PM »
I eat pork every now and then, but I eat a lot of oatmeal.

Wow, is that metaphysical or what :!
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline freedomannie

• Full JTFer
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2009, 02:50:43 PM »
From a medical stand point i understand the reasons why we are told not to eat pork or any other garbage eater...we are what we eat...for instance with these garbage eaters i understand they have an enzyme that breaks down tissue so they can do their jobs correctly...like lobster or crabs etc...so when we ingest these foods we are ingesting the same enzyme that can break down our flesh...this is why we shouldn't eat them...at least to my understanding this is what i gather!
I am in love with Light as it has brought the curtains back from the darkness...i will always be free with the truth i now know and my heart is forever changed...I thank G-d for the light! <3 Always

Offline Sefardic Panther

• Full JTFer
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2009, 04:02:29 PM »
REALLY?  The ultimate symbol of treif ?  Where does it say that exactly?

Come on you’re joking aren’t you? Are you joking? Man you ought to know this!!! Well just of the top of my head and by all means this is certainly not all –

The very word “hazir” implys a “regression”.

In the final 2 chapters of Yeshayahu Hashem’s anger is kindled against those who eat pork. Why not those who eat any other treif?

In Talmud Bavli Berachoth 25a the pig is called a walking toilet. Yet there are other animals who eat excrement.

Esaw/the roman empire was so evil that Hazal in the Midrashim associated it with the pig.

Mishlei 11:22 says a beautiful woman without discretion is like a ring of gold on the snout of a pig. Throughout Torah the pig is demonized like this.

There is also the common Yehudi expression “as treif as the hazir”.

Why don’t other treif animals have such a low status? Infact the lion, the eagle, the serpent and the horse are treif animals yet they have the very high status of being depicted as part of G-d’s Throne.

Really man if you dispute what I’m saying here the burden of proof should be on you!

Toda muman613! No. 3, 9 and 20 imply physical as well as spiritual damage. Its interesting that the very first negative Mitzwa G-d ever gave man was a food law and physical death was the price of breaking it.

"Let there be a holocaust on the anti-semites!!!" - Rabbi Mordechai Friedman Shlita

http://www.youtube.com/user/SefardicPanther

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2009, 04:20:32 PM »

Why don’t other treif animals have such a low status? Infact the lion, the eagle, the serpent and the horse are treif animals yet they have the very high status of being depicted as part of G-d’s Throne.

Perhaps because they don't roll around in their own feces.   A pig happens to be a revolting animal.  That is clear to any rational, civilized person.  Thus the use of all those metaphors.   That doesn't make it the "ultimate symbol of treif."  "Treif" is not defined by 'what animal is revolting or disgusting and what animal isn't.' (Just the same as it is not based on what animal is healthy to eat and what animal not).  This in fact, proves my point.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2009, 04:22:22 PM »

Perhaps because they don't roll around in their own feces.   A pig happens to be a revolting animal.  That is clear to any rational, civilized person.  Thus the use of all those metaphors.   That doesn't make it the "ultimate symbol of treif."  "Treif" is not defined by 'what animal is revolting or disgusting and what animal isn't.' (Just the same as it is not based on what animal is healthy to eat and what animal not).  This in fact, proves my point.

I believe that technically treif is the wrong word to use. I believe I read the treif means torn, as in a limb torn from an animal. I think that the pig is the ultimate symbol of unkosher animals.

http://www.ou.org/torah/dafyomi/5764/030504.htm
"Be holy people to me. Do not eat flesh torn off ('Treifah') in the field by a predator. Cast it to the dogs".

This sentence in Exodus 22:30, is the source for the prohibition against eating Treif. Like many other Jewish Dietary Laws, most of the laws of Treifah are not to be found in the Written Law, the Torah Shebichtav, but rather in the Oral Law, the Torah Sheba'al Peh.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2009, 08:07:24 PM »

You're making fun of me aren't you... :-[
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2009, 09:58:31 PM »

You're making fun of me aren't you... :-[

I am turning this around on you. We have been saying how bad it is to eat Pork, for a Jew... But still there are Jews who have a taste for forbidden foods... It does a lot of help when non-Jews chime in and say how they love to eat pork... It is not that I am angry or making fun of you but I am just separating myself from your comment...

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2009, 11:12:40 PM »
OK. All of my Jewish allies out there who I truly love. Listen up!!!! I have eaten pork. It causes very bad things to your body; physically, mentally and spiritually.

Physically:
I am 50 pounds overweight.
I have pimples on my butt.
My left knee hurts all the time.
My breath smells like swine feces in the mornings

Mentally:
I forget where I am from time to time
I forget where I am from time to time...

Spiritually:
It causes me to lose face with Muman, who I truly respect as a great man.

This is what pork does to you. DON'T EAT IT> BAD BAD BAD
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2009, 11:48:01 PM »
OK. All of my Jewish allies out there who I truly love. Listen up!!!! I have eaten pork. It causes very bad things to your body; physically, mentally and spiritually.

Physically:
I am 50 pounds overweight.
I have pimples on my butt.
My left knee hurts all the time.
My breath smells like swine feces in the mornings

Mentally:
I forget where I am from time to time
I forget where I am from time to time...

Spiritually:
It causes me to lose face with Muman, who I truly respect as a great man.

This is what pork does to you. DON'T EAT IT> BAD BAD BAD

Shamgar,

I admire your self deprecating humor... That is a good sign...

Offline Sefardic Panther

• Full JTFer
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2009, 01:25:38 PM »
Perhaps because they don't roll around in their own feces.   A pig happens to be a revolting animal.  That is clear to any rational, civilized person.  Thus the use of all those metaphors.  

Well in that case the rat (which is just as revolting as the pig) could have been used in those metaphors and the eagle and the serpent are scavengers which feed on rats so why are they depicted in G-d’s Throne? Infact in Bereshith 3:14 Hashem cursed the serpent more than every other beast.

Clearly the pig is not demonized so much just because it is a revolting animal. Hakamim have said that the pig has such a low status because of its hypocrisy. On the outside it has split hooves and looks Kosher but on the inside it does not chew the cud so it is unkosher. No other unkosher animal deceives like this. None of them has split hooves so what you see is what you get.

The Torah does not specifically say not to eat the pig because it is dirty, its just because it does not chew the cud. But it is very interesting that there are also scientific reasons for keeping Kosher. The scientific reasons can get secular Jews to keep Kosher and will have the “sophisticated” atheists stuck for words. If you still insist that I am being ignorant here then I recommend you read the work of Dr. David Macht  (http://members.dslextreme.com/users/hollymick/Macht1953.pdf) and read about trichinosis. Research the facts before hand if you are going to accuse me of writing ignorance.

"Let there be a holocaust on the anti-semites!!!" - Rabbi Mordechai Friedman Shlita

http://www.youtube.com/user/SefardicPanther