General Category > General Discussion

Intnl. High IQ Society

(1/2) > >>

Geert Akbar:
Recently, I have become curious about what my IQ (intelligence quotient) is, and what exactly it means to have a high or low IQ. Some people think that having a high IQ means you are smart and can do everything perfectly, whereas having an average or low IQ means you are the opposite. I just want to say that that is not exactly how it works, because every individuals brain works differently and everyone has their own qualities that can make others think the opposite. I am somebody who does not really sees myself as being super smart. I was never the perfect student, and aware that I still have flaws that have set me back to some degree like having ADD. I recently took an IQ test on the Intnl. High IQ Society's website (http://www.highiqsociety.org) and I received a 128 on the more difficult IQ test (two tests are offered: eCMA is the standard and the TA3 is a more difficult). I am, however, convinced that I am smarter and have a greater IQ than former President Dubya Bush.

In order to become a member of the society, you have to receive a score of 124 or higher on either of their IQ tests or by mailing in your professional scores. I was pretty shocked that an IQ of 124 or higher is considered to be the upper 5% of the population. The average IQ is 100. Einstein's IQ was 160 and Shakespeare's IQ was said to be greater than 174. If you qualify, you can pay a lifetime fee of $79 to join. So I was wondering if anyone here is part of the society or knows exactly, if it is something legit that you put on your resume without getting a employer or college interviewer to think that I am arrogant or a braggart for putting something like that one there?

Try taking the test. You can share your score if you like, and be sure to say which IQ test you took. You have to be honest though.

Mishmaat:
I'm absolutely positive that Yacov is a member of the Low IQ Society. But this thread is interesting nonetheless.

briann:
These IQ tests that they advertise on the internet are bogus.  I used to be the computer administrator at a school, and a student there took it, and the test said he had an IQ of 125... and I knew this student was a moron, so I took the test just to show him it was fake, and I got a 158.  (I'm good at test-taking but am not a genius)

Also... these tests claim the average IQ of a laker player is 130, and the average Colts fan has an IQ of 128. 

So I'm guessing you need to subtract at least 30 from their score to get a ROUGH idea. :laugh:

THis is all nonsense.  The truth of the matter is that the average IQ is 100.  There is nothing wrong with having an average IQ.
And people who TRULY have IQ's that are higher than 150 are unbelievably rare.  Top 0.07% (99.93th percentile).

So if you were in a room with 1400 or so people... chances are... you'd have 1 person with an IQ above 150.

When someone says they have an IQ that is THIS high... I generally dont believe them... and think they took one of these bogus tests.

briann:

--- Quote ---you can pay a lifetime fee of $79 to join
--- End quote ---

By the way... chances are... if you pay this fee to get a lifetime membership... I dont think you belong in a society with high IQ's.

SavetheWest:

--- Quote from: briann on March 17, 2009, 02:04:18 AM ---
--- Quote ---you can pay a lifetime fee of $79 to join
--- End quote ---

By the way... chances are... if you pay this fee to get a lifetime membership... I dont think you belong in a society with high IQ's.

--- End quote ---

:laugh: :::D

That's really funny!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version