Author Topic: Mother wants son with down syndrome to find nice girl  (Read 2045 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Mother wants son with down syndrome to find nice girl
« on: March 17, 2009, 11:36:05 PM »
This is an article about a mother that wants her some with downs syndrome to know a woman and pretty much defile himself:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1162401/Will-sleep-Downs-syndrome-son-Mother-makes-appeal-lover-21-year-old-Otto.html
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 11:57:54 PM by muman613 »
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Mother wants son with down syndrome to get laid.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 12:07:51 AM »
Lucy Baxter is doing all she can to find a girlfriend for her son Otto, 21, so he can lose his virginity
She says she is even prepared to go so far as to pay for a prostitute for her adopted son.

Why does she think that this is going to help him? To get him an STD?  :o

'If he doesn't get a girlfriend, I will feel really bad, because I have sold him this thing that he is like everybody else. That's why I'm working overtime to get this sorted for him.'

He's not like everyone else, and normal people don't have their moms sort out that part of their life for them

He added: 'I'm on a mission to find a girlfriend. My reason is I want to have sex. I'm looking for girlfriends everywhere.'

That's not exactly the way to attract a woman. Maybe it's not that he has Down's that's his real problem. I think he should try to find someone and get married if he can however he won't ever have a real relationship with anyone if all he wants out of her is sex.

'I have brought Otto up to relate to everybody so he has always been to mainstream school and mixed with everybody. I would like to see him with a girlfriend. I would prefer to see him with a girlfriend who doesn't have Down's.'

So in one part of the article she talks about how she wants everyone to treat her son as if he's normal, but then she discriminates against women with Down's by saying that she doesn't want him to be with another person who has the same condition that he does, even though realistically that is probably his best shot.

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
Re: Mother wants son with down syndrome to find nice girl
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 12:15:13 AM »
I feel sorry for that boy

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 12:32:41 AM »
There have been a lot of people who suffer from Down's Syndrome that have found mates and even married.

That being said, this Mother is nuts.  Advertising for a mate or hiring prostitutes for her son to have sex with is utterly absurd.

She should let life take it's natural progression.  In the article stated her son is an actor and an extrovert. 

Maybe, I am old fashioned or ancient, but if it is meant to be, her son will find someone to share his life not just sex.

And this should be more of a concern for her than whether her son has sex or not.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 12:35:21 AM »
I can't fault the guy with Down's. He has the same urges that all of us have and the world hates him because of his disability. I do not condemn him at all.

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 12:43:48 AM »
C.F.,

I am not condemning the guy.
I am in disagreement with his Mother's methods.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 12:47:30 AM »
This young man with downs is not (in my opinion) prepared psychologically to deal with a possible heartbreak from such a union as sex. He may get confused and not realize the difference between ( just sex for pleasure) and a meaningful relationship. If his Mother hires a prostitute for him....which is immoral, he may have feelings for the hooker that go beyond the sex he experienced. The ending of the sex act may leave him broken hearted and not understanding why he can't be with the hooker anymore.
I do agree with Ruby that he should find a special lady with downs and then it may be possible for them to have an equal relationship with equal expectations.
I think this Mothers wishes for her son is grossly misguided. The Mother may mean well, but her expectations are way over the limit.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2009, 01:15:17 AM »
I'm not an expert on individuals with down syndrome, but is it common for them to have long meaningful relationships? 

Also, what are the Jewish and Christian (and Hindu for that matter) positions on prostitution?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2009, 01:18:44 AM »
C.F.,

I am not condemning the guy.
I am in disagreement with his Mother's methods.

Exactly, he has the same right to seek a relationship as anyone else does. However his mother seems like a horrible person for wanting to put him at risk of STDs or other potential problems by wanting him to have sex with a prostitute or send him to a brothel.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2009, 01:21:59 AM »
The quality of mothers seems to have declined in recent years. I still can't believe there are mothers who will kill their own babies or fathers who throw their children off of bridges. The truth, in my opinion, is because the world has moved away from the wisdom of the Bible and are striking out on their own. When this happens society goes into decline and great calamity befalls us. Parents need to be partners in creation and provide stability and meaning in the childs life. It is wrong for this mother to make her disabled son have a sexual relation which he may not be prepared for. It is things like this which make me wonder if the young man should not be removed from the home.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2009, 01:23:48 AM »
Yes, the mom is nuts, but that's not her son's fault.