Author Topic: An Idea For A Last Minute Pre Passover JTF Get Together  (Read 573 times)

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
An Idea For A Last Minute Pre Passover JTF Get Together
« on: March 23, 2009, 08:07:32 AM »
Hello everyone,

I'm thinking of having a sort of last minute, pre-Passover JTF get together.  The last two get-togethers were dinners that took place in an expensive glatt kosher restaurant in Forest Hills.  At the last get together, Chaim pointed out that these events don't necessarily have to involve a dinner. 

So I have an idea for something quite different this time. 

Due to my personal situation right now, I'm going to have to move out of my apartment in Manhattan.  The rent is simply no longer affordable for me.  Every month I feel like I'm massively hemorrhaging money.  I would like to leave by the end of this month.  I had a past conversation with my landlord and was told that I could be let out of my lease early.  I just need to confirm this with my landlord.  I also need to set a move OUT date, as the building's service elevator needs to reserved in advance. 

Now can you tell where this is going yet?  If not, here it is:

I would like the theme of this get together to be "Help Lisa Pack Up Day." 

Moving, as you all know, is a royal pain.  And it's also quite stressful for anyone.  Therefore, I'd like to treat anyone who wants to participate to some kosher pizza and soda for their help.  At this point, I will either hire some guy with a van for a few hundred dollars off of Craigslist.  Or someone suggested renting a U-haul van myself.  But since I've never been truly comfortable driving, and since I would be responsible for double parking the van and lugging my stuff into it, I'm really leaning towards the first option. 

So feel free to comment here, or send me a private message letting me know what you think of something like this. 

Thanks!

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
Re: An Idea For A Last Minute Pre Passover JTF Get Together
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 08:17:21 AM »
GREAT IDEA!!!!!!

(I detest moving  :'()
aka Someone Else

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 08:42:34 AM »
Xoce, do you live in the New York metro area? 

At the last get together, Vito mentioned that the two of you were in touch, and that you wanted to come, but couldn't make it.  If I had known that you live nearby, I would have definitely sent you an Evite for the get together. 

And I'm definitely glad you like my idea for a JTF get together.  I hope others like it too. 

Offline MikeyChua

• Full JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 09:26:10 AM »

Count me in with whatever you decide to do. I've driven a moving truck once before, if you decide to go that route. Please just give me advance notice so that I can arrange my schedule to accommodate you.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 11:05:41 AM »
OK people,

I just reserved the freight elevator in my building for next Monday, March 30 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.  I realize that having a JTF get together during the day won't work for everyone.  But my building only allows people to move in and out during the day, and not on weekends. 

Thanks.

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 03:49:51 AM »
Lisa, sorry... Mondays I can not do.  Hopefully you will have a lot of help, though. :)
aka Someone Else