Author Topic: New York people take food from the garbage and make a feast  (Read 2159 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
New York people take food from the garbage and make a feast
« on: March 24, 2009, 07:54:29 AM »
New York people take food from the garbage and make a feast

Look the video here. The start is in German, but the rest is in English. Watch here: http://km42.spiegel.de/home/index.php?directid=4177

On the one hand it is terrible, that there is thrown so much food to the garbage, while poor people doesn't have anything to eat. On the other hand it is a question of hygiene and health.

I think I couldn't convince myself to take food from the garbage, althrough it would be a matter of survival.

What do you think about it?

"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
Re: New York people take food from the garbage and make a feast
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 08:00:31 AM »
They ask if somebody know other projects for saving the world.  :::D

I guess I know.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 11:17:55 AM »
What they do is gross but they are right on the point they are making. There seems to be a huge waste and they call for measures to dispose of this excess in a beneficial way.

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 11:38:54 AM »
 :::D :::D :::D
No wonder NYC has so many rats.
aka Someone Else

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 11:41:07 AM »
What is a "freegan"?
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 11:43:23 AM »
dont laugh, it could happen to you
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 11:44:58 AM »
It's like here in Germany. The supermarket have garbage which is actually not really garbage. You can still eat it. I think it's ok for Homeless people and Obama fans. It's the right thing. They eat our garbage

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 11:47:54 AM »
dont laugh, it could happen to you

The people eating it are ultra liberals, and are not doing it out of necessity but out of self-adulation.

However, I do not like the idea of good food being thrown out as trash.  And cutting the bags for the bread was over the top.
aka Someone Else

Offline bob101

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 12:22:04 PM »
I think it has to do with the board of health,they don't allow restaurants to give away food once it has been put on a table. I worked in a hotel , I saw plenty of left overs from buffets trashed because of  board of health rules.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 01:53:22 PM »
They do that out here, too.....you can eat really well doing that.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 02:02:40 PM »
Imo the supermarkets should enter a contract with religious charity organizations in order to distribute the products. So they would get good publicity and the poor Jews and Christians would get feeded.

The charity organizations could supervise the distribution chain, so there would be no risk of health.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 02:03:10 PM »
It's disgusting, it might have been okay food before it was thrown away, but after it's been in the dirty trash container and mixed with other trash, used napkins and whatever else is in the garbage, it is contaminated. Blech! Just more proof that the left wing hippy types do not think rationally.
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2009, 02:04:54 PM »
It's disgusting, it might have been okay food before it was thrown away, but after it's been in the dirty trash container and mixed with other trash, used napkins and whatever else is in the garbage, it is contaminated. Blech! Just more proof that the left wing hippy types do not think rationally.

Yes I think too there is a great health risk for this "freegans".

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2009, 02:20:55 PM »
What is a "freegan"?

It's not an official word, so I'm assuming they're making it sound like "vegan", but instead they'll eat whatever they can find for "free". Or something like that..

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2009, 03:32:25 PM »
There just going to end up killing themselves eventually.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2009, 04:09:20 PM »
It is something I notice.  How there is so much food out there yet a lot of hungry people.  Supermarkets that throw food away like there is no tomorrow should have partnerships with soup kitchens and food banks.  Who knows? Maybe they will get a huge government write-off for their charitable work.

And of course, they can make partnerships with churches and synogogues to distribute food to hungry people...All it takes are some volunteers...and if a lot of volunteers are needed, the government can make an initiative to allow people to write off their taxes if they volunteer a certain amount each year.  This will save a lot of heartache and wasted government spending to help the poor.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2009, 04:32:56 PM »
Good idea!!!!
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2009, 04:36:19 PM »
It would be nice if these food stores seperated the trash from the food they throw away. Trash in some bags, food items in different bags, that way when people search for food, they might not get sick. I don't see anything wrong with people looking for food if they are hungry. Those who throw away food can do it in a thoughtful manner in case the hungry go through the garbage.

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2009, 05:39:09 PM »
What is a "freegan"?

A freegan is a person who will live off anything thats free. They have these events in NYC called "freecycle" its a place where you just bring stuff that you do not need and give it to them and take whatever you want. They are like modern day hippies and leftists. The only good thing I got from the freecycle was the cat I found down the street. No lie