Author Topic: Since we are into healthy eating, Grandma Wolf use to make this, I found it  (Read 1337 times)

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
I found this, she use to make this when I was younger. It is an old world recipe.   I now you have to fry this but Olive Oil is very good for you.

POLLO ALLA MILANESE

2 Chicken breasts - the bigger the piece the better
2 eggs beaten
plain flour

8 tbsp of bread crumbs you can crush day old french or italian bread till it is finely powdered.

pinch of salt and black pepper
olive oil

open out your chicken breasts like a butterfly and pound until quite thin and season. This is important because if the chicken is too thick your breadcrumbs will burn and the chicken will be raw in the middle.

dip your chicken into the egg and then into breadcrumbs.

fill the base of a pan with olive oil and add your chicken. The key to getting the golden color is to cook it over a low heat.

add some chopped flat leaf parsley or rosemary.  Add a lemon wedge squeeze or juice spritz over it.

When brown both sides slip a knife in the center if the chicken doesn't stick to the knife it is done take out over paper towel and soak the oil, slice in strips over bed of lettuce or as a full filet.

Grandma Wolfie to you all

RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
That looks like a good recipe...

thankyou.... ;D
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
This recipe sounds like the chicken schnitzel my Grandmother used to make for me.

It is very delicious.
As a kid, I was a picky eater and she would make this for me to eat, because I wouldn't eat anything else.

There is nothing like Grandmother's cooking.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
Are you sure you use olive oil to fry it? I would think that's too heavy, no? Usually when frying you use vegetable oil or something light like that..

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
Are you sure you use olive oil to fry it? I would think that's too heavy, no? Usually when frying you use vegetable oil or something light like that..

They even have different types of olive oils now...some you can use for frying things....extra light ones specifically for frying.... ;D
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Nadav

• Full JTFer
You call this healthy eating? This is heart attack on a plate............  :::D

I mean really, this isn't good for you. Italians also love the red meat version of this recipe. The red meat is even worse.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer

Looks really good! I'm going to make it! Hooray for Grandma Wolfie!!!  8)
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
You call this healthy eating? This is heart attack on a plate............  :::D

I mean really, this isn't good for you. Italians also love the red meat version of this recipe. The red meat is even worse.

This is much better for you than McDonald's, YES?
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer

There's nothing wrong with that recipe, it is good for you!

Chicken breast is lean protein, olive oil is the healthiest oil you can consume, and 2 eggs aren't going to kill you!  :clap:

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer

There's nothing wrong with that recipe, it is good for you!

Chicken breast is lean protein, olive oil is the healthiest oil you can consume, and 2 eggs aren't going to kill you!  :clap:

8)
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
I am not going to comment on whether it is 'healthy' or not. It is surely better than the fast food which is being sold to people today.

But I was just reading a book on Jewish law called "Halachic World, Vol II" which is published by Feldheim books.

http://www.feldheim.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=978-1-59826-280-3&type=store&category=search

One thing which I learned is that for some reason the sages consider eating Olives to be detrimental to learning Torah.

Here is some info I found on the net:

http://www.sichosinenglish.org/books/vedibarta-bam/046.htm

QUESTION: For the first five species with which the land is praised the pasuk mentions the fruits themselves while for the last two the fruits themselves are not mentioned (olives and dates), but the extracts — oil and honey. Why?

ANSWER: The Gemara (Horiat 13b) says that eating olives can cause one to forget Torah learned over a period of seventy years. The Gemara (Pesachim 88a) relates that Ulah once came to Pumpedita and he was served a small basket of dates. He inquired, "How many of these can be purchased for one zuz" (Talmudic currency)? They told him, "Three [small baskets or one large one] for one zuz." In amazement he said, "A basketful of honey can be purchased for one zuz, and yet the Babylonians do not engage in Torah study (with the cost of living so low, surely they have plenty of time to study)?" At night he became ill and said, "A basketful of poison can be purchased for one zuz, yet the Babylonians study Torah!

From these two Gemarot, it is evident that olives and dates have a detrimental effect on one's Torah study. On the other hand, the Gemara (ibid.) says olive oil can help one remember the Torah which he learned over seventy years, and the Gemara (Yoma 83b) says that honey, "enlightens the eye of man.""

Consequently, the Torah did not praise Eretz Yisrael with fruits (olives and dates) that interfere with learning, but with foods (oil and honey) that benefit man and enhance the study of Torah.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
I found this, she use to make this when I was younger. It is an old world recipe.   I now you have to fry this but Olive Oil is very good for you.

POLLO ALLA MILANESE

2 Chicken breasts - the bigger the piece the better
2 eggs beaten
plain flour

8 tbsp of bread crumbs you can crush day old french or italian bread till it is finely powdered.

pinch of salt and black pepper
olive oil

open out your chicken breasts like a butterfly and pound until quite thin and season. This is important because if the chicken is too thick your breadcrumbs will burn and the chicken will be raw in the middle.

dip your chicken into the egg and then into breadcrumbs.

fill the base of a pan with olive oil and add your chicken. The key to getting the golden color is to cook it over a low heat.

add some chopped flat leaf parsley or rosemary.  Add a lemon wedge squeeze or juice spritz over it.

When brown both sides slip a knife in the center if the chicken doesn't stick to the knife it is done take out over paper towel and soak the oil, slice in strips over bed of lettuce or as a full filet.

Grandma Wolfie to you all

allow me to change a few things here:

instead of plain flour, use whole wheat flour.
Instead of regular bread crumbs use bran flakes crunched up
Instead of cooking with olive oil which i apparantly found out recently isn't healthy to cook with (you can have it with salad), use canola or vegetable. oil and very little of it.

and the same thing can be done with Talapia (whitefish) instead of chicken breast. It makes it tastier to sautee it in tumeric (yellow powder).
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
I'm making it like Grandma Wolfie says. You don't mess with Grandma Wolfie!  :nono:

;D
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 04:44:10 PM by New Yorker »

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
I'm making it like Grandma Wolfie says. You don't mess with Grandma Wolfie!  :nono:

;D

:::D
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!

;D

NOO you didn't want to mess with her she had the wooden spoon, and you know Italian grandmas use the spoon for 2 things, the sauce and the smart mouths  :P
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
I think this would be good with some olives on the side, like green and black olives.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
I think this would be good with some olives on the side, like green and black olives.

Yeah.... If you want to forget your Torah learning....

Not!
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican

Yeah.... If you want to forget your Torah learning....

Not!

It's ok you can undo the damage by eating Honey Nut Cheerios the next morning.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל