Author Topic: Is Robert Gates an idiot?  (Read 943 times)

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
Is Robert Gates an idiot?
« on: March 30, 2009, 06:06:53 PM »
This is Robert Gates quoted from an interview on Fox News regarding North Korea planning to test fire a long range missile 04_08_09.

Appearing on "FOX News Sunday," Gates said North Korea "probably will" fire the missile, prompting host Chris Wallace to ask: "And there's nothing we can do about it?"

"No," Gates answered, adding, "I would say we're not prepared to do anything about it."

"I think if we had an aberrant missile, one that was headed for Hawaii, that looked like it was headed for Hawaii or something like that, we might consider it," Gates said. "But I don't think we have any plans to do anything like that at this point."

Even if it were true that the US was unable to do anything, why tell everyone and invite trouble. I think this shows one of the many misconceptions of Obama, that being if you leave the terrorists and rogues alone they won't bother you. And how about "we might consider it" in reference to intercepting a missile were it heading for Hawaii.

Gates said while he doesn't think North Korea has the capability yet to shoot off a long-range nuclear-tipped missile, "I don't know anyone at a senior level in the American government who does not believe this technology is intended as a mask for the development of an intercontinental ballistic missile."

Oh, then they are just developing it now. Ok then lets wait till NK succeeds at developing the intercontinental nuclear tipped missile and then worry about it. BTW it was another democrat (Clinton) that enabled North Korea to develop their nuclear program.

Gates also lamented that the missile launch planned by dictator Kim Jong-Il comes just two months after President Obama took office.

"If this is Kim Jong-Il's welcoming present to a new president, launching a missile like this and threatening to have a nuclear test, I think it says a lot about the imperviousness of this regime in North Korea to any kind of diplomatic overtures," he said.

No, what it says is they have no respect for Obama and know they can do pretty much anything they want as far as retribution from the US is concerned. However, Israel is who they need to worry about.

The Obama administration has signaled it wants to scale back the deployment of a missile defense system that was initiated by former President George W. Bush. The White House is also talking about dropping plans for missile defense facilities in Poland and the Czech Republic.

In less than 100 days this monkey has back stabbed almost every ally the US has / had. Until the Obama regime the US had offered protection to Japan (I know Bush did, is he the one who started the missile defense program for Japan?), now they (Obama and cronies) are reconsidering the missile defense system in favor of "dialogue".

Gates lamented the futility of diplomatic efforts toward North Korea and Iran, another nation with nuclear ambitions. Despite the Obama administration's talk of ramping up diplomatic overtures toward Tehran, Gates was pessimistic about that strategy.

"Frankly, from my perspective, the opportunity for success is probably more in economic sanctions in both places than it is in diplomacy," Gates said. "What gets them to the table is economic sanctions."

What kind of economic sanctions? I wasn't aware of the US doing any kind of business with Iran or North Korea. Even if economic sanctions were a viable option I am sure Russia, China, or some other rogue regime would be happy to make up for any losses.

Obama and his group of morons are such a disgrace with their ideological Utopian nonsense. And they want to say republicans are "out of touch" with the mainstream. Well maybe they are considering mainstream America these days consists of complete idiots. I wish the country could split into two independent parts. One for the Obama drones and one for the rest of us.

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
Re: Is Robert Gates an idiot?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 10:22:20 PM »
drlmg,

You are rights Gates is an idiot. Whether it is true or not about the U.S.A. is prepared or ready for a missile attack, Gates should not state either way what the status is.

And I agree with you that Kim Jong Il, as well as other foreign leaders have zero respect for this inept man we call our President.

The reality is exactly as you stated in your post, Obama and his moronic followers with their false sense of Utopia are the one's who are out of touch and living in a false sense of reality.