Author Topic: The U.K. media condemms a zionist media watch yet loves an Arab media watch  (Read 547 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
         THE REAL "LOBBY"

Over the years, HonestReporting's critics have attempted to portray us as part of some shadowy pro-Israel lobby intent on stifling freedom of speech. Yet, while some in the media choose to dismiss HonestReporting, it appears that they are happy to demonstrate double standards, cooperating and heaping praise on media watchdogs representing the other side.

According to the UK-based Arab Media Watch, the organization's annual fundraising dinner was attended by almost three-dozen senior journalists from, amongst others, the BBC, Al Jazeera English, Financial Times, Reuters, Daily Mail and Independent.

The Guardian has been a particular critic of HonestReporting over the years. Yet, it appears that only some media watchdogs are illegitimate in the eyes of its journalists and Arab Media Watch isn't one of them. A written statement of support from The Guardian's Middle East editor Ian Black was read out at the AMW dinner:

For anyone in the British media writing about the Middle East or the wider Arab world, AMW ... has become a force to be reckoned with. It has served notice that inaccuracy, misrepresentation, half-truths and prejudice are simply not acceptable - and has done much to monitor and combat them....

AMW has played an especially important role on Iraq and Palestine. Its work on the Gaza war was both combative and effective. Its letters to editors, op-ed articles and complaints about biased or misleading coverage have become part of the landscape.

Can you imagine similar sentiments or words of encouragement expressed by the media for any pro-Israel organizations? Neither can we.

From arab media watch 

http://www.arabmediawatch.com/amw/Articles/PressReleases/tabid/77/newsid391/5899/Report-on-AMW-fundraising-dinner/Default.aspx

now what do the U.K. reporters have to say about the ARAB MEDIA WATCH

http://www.arabmediawatch.com/amw/AboutUs/AnnualFundraisingDinner/2009/MediaFeedback/tabid/5325/Default.aspx   

Media Feedback

Media feedback from 2009 AMW fundraising dinner

Below is feedback from senior journalists who attended Arab Media Watch's annual fundraising dinner on 21 March 2009.

"Saturday was a great evening..." - Al Jazeera English

"Thank you…We did enjoy it." - Financial Times / Reuters

"Many thanks for inviting me. I enjoyed it." - The Independent

"I was glad I was finally able to come this year!" - Al Jazeera English

"I enjoyed the programme and the company of your nice guests." - BBC

"Thank you very much for the invitation. I wish you all the success you deserve." - BBC

"It was a lovely evening. We both enjoyed ourselves and it was great company." - Al Jazeera English / BBC

"Thank you very much for the invitation. I really enjoyed the annual dinner. It was refreshing. It was, as before, perfectly organised…" - BBC

"Thank you for inviting us and best of luck with your efforts. Please don't hesitate to get in touch should you need any help." - Asharq Al Awsat

"It was a very interesting and enjoyable evening…I particularly enjoyed hearing the flautist; I thought he was fantastic. And the comedian…" - Daily Mail

"Thank you for hosting a wonderful dinner. Everyone at our table had a very enjoyable evening. I was particularly impressed by the auction items." - BBC

"Thank you so much for your generous invitation…The event was wonderful and the presentation was flawless…Best wishes for continued success…" - BBC

"Thank you for your kind invitation, I really appreciated my time with you and your guests. I would like to congratulate you on your successful event." - Al Arab

"I very much enjoyed the evening. The night was well organized and showed a variety of very intelligent acts. I liked the comedian's rough approach to politics which, rather happily, dealt with the 'us versus them' discourse in a very light way. I was very impressed by John Pilger's film and speech, and very amazed by the musicians' performance." - Al Quds Al Arabi
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 10:40:12 AM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
Well, when the U.K. becomes completely populated by Muslims and sharia law is the norm.

The U.K. should not have any complaints.

Online Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Well, when the U.K. becomes completely populated by Muslims and sharia law is the norm.

The U.K. should not have any complaints.

I concur.  They really let political correctness get in the way.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt