Author Topic: Dangerous Stupidity of Israeli Leaders...or...Israeli Gun Control Etc.  (Read 2450 times)

Offline dawntreader

• Senior JTFer
Dangerous Stupidity of Israeli Leaders...or...Israeli Gun Control Etc.

by dawntreader

I've been speaking with my friend Aaron in Haifa, and there are some important things that leaders in Israel need to consider.

In Israel, if you are over the age of 30 you are not required (And they won't take you if you volunteer) to serve in the army. You are also not allowed to buy and own a gun unless you have applied for ownership, AND you've lived in Israel for over three years. The Israeli government has gun registration (Copying Nazi Germany in this...and I think, although I am not certain of this...England and South Africa as well no?) In Nazi Germany it had the effect of keeping the populace under the control of the government...no one could fight back if they wanted to. (Kudos to those in the American government who came up with the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution!)

This is cause for concern if the Israeli army were ever called upon and reserves were strained on different fronts. It would behoove potential olim therefore to take weapons training classes here in the States, or whatever home country you come from, self defense and/or martial arts courses, anti-terrorist courses and any military tactics courses that you may be able to find and attend. I personally plan on doing so.

The reason for this, is that if the IDF WERE strained at any point to the point of breaking, there would be need of every man and woman old enough to carry weapons and fight. You can be sure the Arab enemy does the same thing...only their aim is to kill the Jew.

The potential for a giant war is on the horizon, with Iran, Syria the terrorist armies of Hamas, Islamic Jihad, Fatah etc. in Gaza right in Israel's back yard...the list goes on.

The leaders in Israel are being very stupid in their strategy. Where is the pioneering spirit that fueled the Haganah? There are thousands and thousands of new immigrants who will not have the benefit of Israeli army training because they are "too old." (Some of them with no army training from their home countries either.)

(I would like to remind folks that too old for the U.S. Army to ENLIST is over 35 years of age.)

Are these Olim who happen to be over the age of 30 supposed to just rely on the strength of the Israeli army as it stands today? What of protection of the cities should the army be forced to fight on multiple fronts?

Shouldn't there be some immigrant units trained and ready to fight if need be...that encompasses men and women up to the age of 50? And even those over the age of 50 could still serve as guards. Does the IDF and Israeli government have any sort of "back-up" plan should the IDF be devastated?

Israel needs to wake up, and Olim need to be prepared.

It's the Israeli government's responsibility to make sure the people are safe. But we've all seen the poor job Kadima has been doing. Olmert could not be trusted to keep a peanut butter sandwhich safe with his jelly spined willpower when it comes to dealing with enemy nations and the Arabs in Israel's midst and back yard.

Personally, I am not leaving MY safety up to Olmert and his ilk...and indeed it's not just his ilk. It's most Israeli leadership these days. It seems to me the spirit of the original pioneers in Israel has been squashed through long years of struggle, and through fear of international opinion.

When I make Aliyah (again) I plan on being prepared for any eventuality...despite the stupidity and folly of Israel's bad shepherds.

If you are planning on Aliyah, I would urge you to do the same.

If you are an Israeli Leader, I would urge you to help change the mentality of defeat that permeates the government.
Victory is a thing of the will. -General Ferdinand Foch

Our peace must be a peace of victors, not of the vanquished.
- General Ferdinand Foch

We have met the enemy and they are ours.
- Oliver Hazard Perry

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
In Israel the people are worse physically fit then in the U.S. i noticed that during my stay in Israel.Me and my brothers were amazed at the disinterest of most Israelis for physical fitness
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03