Author Topic: Lieberman: Israel will not attack Iran - even if sanctions fail  (Read 502 times)

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
  • The Greatest Jewish Sage
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1081170.html

Israel will not attack Iran even if the international sanctions against Tehran fail to convince President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to give up his country's nuclear program, Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman told the Austrian daily Kleine Zeitung.In an interview published this weekend, Lieberman was asked whether Israel planned to strike Iran as a last resort.

"We are not talking about a military attack. Israel cannot resolve militarily the entire world's problem. I propose that the United States, as the largest power in the world, take responsibility for resolving the Iranian question," Lieberman told the paper.

"The best way to stop Iran's nuclear program is through severe sanctions, very severe sanctions," he said. "The resolutions of the UN Security Council are insufficient. Iran must be presented with harsher and more effective sanctions. It worked against Libya. We must isolate Iran; only this way will results be possible."

Lieberman reiterated his position that Iran is an international problem.

"It is unacceptable that a head of state, a member state of the UN, calls daily for Israel's destruction. Iran's cooperation with North Korea, [Venezuelan President] Hugo Chavez and Syria is evil incarnate, but this is not our problem," he said.

"It's a problem of the entire region and the whole international community. Representatives of the Arab world have discussed with us recently not the Palestinians, but Iran. The Arabs recognize that their existence is not threatened by Israel, but by Iran."

So much for him and his party being tough secular "nationalists"!

Without faith there is no future!
“You must accept the truth from whatever source it comes”- Maimonides

Offline MikeyChua

• Full JTFer
Re: Lieberman: Israel will not attack Iran - even if sanctions fail
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 11:35:40 AM »

Pathetic and suicidal!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 12:22:18 PM »
It is very sad indeed.

I talked with my dad the other day and during the conversation he mentioned that he was proud that Netanyahu is PM in Israel because he is so right wing. I sorta chuckled inside because certainly WE dont think that Netanyahu and his co-politicians are right-wing. Lieberman is just another politician who does what he things is politically expedient for him. I am also wary of Liebermans party being appointed to the immigration department in Israel. There is much to worry about now.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 12:41:33 PM »
Someone is clearly on the payroll of the Revolutionary Guard.