Author Topic: At least 7 hospitalized in US w swine flu - why is this even news at this point  (Read 807 times)

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
Why is this even news at this point? The estimated US population is 304 million. That would mean that 0.0000023% of the US population or 1 in 43,428,571 has been hospitalized and 64 - 1 in 4,750,000 or 0.0000211% of the US population have been confirmed positive for swine flu. So one of every 43.4 million people have been hospitalized and one of every 4.75 million have confirmed swine flu. NO FATALITIES. Now contrast this with other US stats....

# A drunk driver kills someone every 39 minutes - almost 40 per day - over 14,000 per year
# A drunk driver injures someone every minute - appx. 1440 per day - over 500,000 per year - and many of these are debilitating life-long injuries such as brain damage and paralysis
# Eight teenagers die every day in alcohol-related car crashes.

CDC stats..

Flu - appx. 36,000 die each year from flu in the US
09/30/07 - 05/17/08 39,827 tested positive for flu, 407 positive for SWINE FLU

Asthma

444000 hospitalized in 2007 with asthma as the first listed diagnosis, or main problem - reason for hospitalization
averages 37000 per month, 1216 per day - average stay 3.2 days

Diabetes

584,000 in 2006 with diabetes as first listed diagnosis, or main problem - reason for hospitalization
averages 48,667 per month, 1600 per day - average stay 4.7 days

In light of the above, if our health was really a concern why make such a fuss over something this insignificant and not something that actually could make a difference. Remember last flu season there were 407 confirmed cases of swine flu in the US alone. Headlines now say there are 64 confirmed cases so far in the US. Why now is it a big deal? Something is up.

NEW YORK (AP) - At least seven people were in U.S. hospitals with swine flu as the number of cases nationwide rose to 64 on Tuesday and a federal health official warned that deaths were likely.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D97RNRJ00&show_article=1

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
ANYTHING to get our focus off the real issues.....

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Sentinel For Truth

• Pro JTFer
Approximately 8,000 Americans die every year from taking the proper dose of Ibuprofen (Advil).  And what, like 13,000 Americans contract a real deadly disease like TB.  Thousands die every year from eating peanuts.

Swine flu?  Big deal.  Wake me up when the death toll breaks five thousand.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
Why is this even news at this point?

Because the news media is desperate for ratings and they will exploit anything and everything they can, be it factual or not, to get them.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Approximately 10 million cockroaches die each day...another 100 million are born...Why can't the swine flu kill [censored] roaches?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
I hate roaches, especially when they fly at me! ICK! One time a few years ago I was sitting at the computer and a big 1 1/2 inch roach made a loud buzzing sound behind me and the next thing I knew I felt something heavy land in my hair. Oh that was so gross! It was a big nasty one! Thankfully I don't see them very often but sometimes they try to come in after it rains a lot because the drains outside on the street where they usually hide are full of water.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
I hate roaches, especially when they fly at me! ICK! One time a few years ago I was sitting at the computer and a big 1 1/2 inch roach made a loud buzzing sound behind me and the next thing I knew I felt something heavy land in my hair. Oh that was so gross! It was a big nasty one! Thankfully I don't see them very often but sometimes they try to come in after it rains a lot because the drains outside on the street where they usually hide are full of water.

You sure those are not water bugs?

Offline momofsixbabes

• Senior JTFer
ANYTHING to get our focus off the real issues.....

My thoughts, too.

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
Because the media is creating another fake catastrophe for the black god Obama to solve.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!